[Guide] Falcons, Pounders, Comets, oh my.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by W0rthy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Lt Andrew

Yup
  2. Crackulous

It's particularly interesting to note that while you mention both our anti-armor guns, you left out the Fractures, which has a higher rate of fire and faster projectiles, twice that of Comets. The amount of which one has to lead to hit a non-stationary target far off is substantial, far less with fractures, though you do need to compensate for drop. You don't need to purchase another weapon just to engage targets at "long distances," your one fits all weapon does that for you. If you're going to relate the cost into this discussion, then your expenditure would be 1000, whereas mine would be 1250, no? Our lancer-tier MAX weapon, while being able to accurately snipe targets further in the distance, has horrible damage in comparison. Also, don't bring cert cost into this if you don't consider the fact that the Marauder is far better than PPA and Enforcer Modifed, being 250 certs, instead of 1000. NC doesn't start off with a well-rounded LMG, and needs to purchase another if they wish to close the gap. None of the factions start off with the same accessibility for beginners.

You can call my MAX ability cheap all day as lockdown is surely a joke, but a TR declaring Comets to be too strong, when your own arsenal is just as deadly, if not more, is comical.
  3. PastalavistaBB

Sorry to burst your buble, but VS Infantry Weapons and VS MAX Weapons Arsenal is flatout the best in-game. Even a stock VS Max is ready to roll out of the box while TR and especially NC has to invest thousands of certs to make it even a bit usable. The only thing better are the Fractures and these are going to be nerfed into the Ground due to constant Forum Whining. VS just can't stand if any other Faction has even one better toy then theirs.
    • Up x 2
  4. Crackulous

Perhaps in certain regards. If you classify infantry weaponry into different fields, my faction's guns wouldn't be superior in all of them. Whether they'd be the best on the whole is debatable, as there are others whose beliefs are held differently from yours, but if you can link statistics to back your declaration or offer educated input on this matter, I'd feel obligated to listen.

Just to note, I simply responded to a post by a forumer who failed to mention an armament in their own arsenal when comparing the comet to others in its field. If you're implying that I'm trying to bring down the best of other factions with my own in nerfs, you can at least rest knowing that while Fractures are being altered, Comets are as well.

If you're expressing your angst at our MAX ability, remember that NC had a time when they were detested (for their MAX), and you, the TR, as well (Striker, Harraser and its synergy with your empire-specific weaponry). Know that once others hated your faction as much as you hated others.
  5. PastalavistaBB

I play all 3 Factions almost equally, so it's not biased Hate against VS. I know the time very well where Scatmaxes would kill everything. I know the time when Stikers wouldn't let any vehicle survive too. Atm both are mere shadows of their former Glory. Vulcan Harassers are really OP at 20 meters, but it's the AV weapon with highest risk. Harassers are in general too durable and mobile, but that isn't a Empire Specific Problem. I don't think that neither Fractures nor Comets needs nerfs against Infantry, they are high aim - high reward weapons. The problem is that Devs are biased towards VS to some extent because they all play VS. (Yes, they are a Company that has to make a profit, but that doesn't mean that they can't favor a Faction to a degree.)

Some examples:
    1) ZOE Max: Too obvious, no need to explain. This BS continued just for too long.
    2) Serpent: VS gets this -highest rpm in the game carbine- for 250 certs, while NC gets the GD7-F for 1000 certs which has almost the same stats, but is slightly worse.
    3) Default Camo: SOE may have removed the Black Camo from the PS2 Store, but that doesn't mean that VS can't get it as their default camo. With darker nights, it's freakin hard to see VS Players wearing default camo.
    4) VS LMGs: I would trade any TR/NC LMG in the game with the SVA-88 or the Orion. They just don't have any Competition. For long range? Forget the Gauss Saw or NC6, just give me the Ursa and I'll be happy.
    • Up x 2
  6. furrywaffle

Pounders first and second place? AHahahhahahahaha.... Oh, you're serious. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAJFJFFNGJFNDKKSBDNFNFBF
    • Up x 3
  7. Gav7x

Which ones are best in my opinion :
    1st: Comets
    2nd:Falcons
    3rd: Pounders
  8. PastalavistaBB

Wrong! Falcons and Pounders are no Competition to the Comets.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mxiter

He would certainly mean:

1st: Comets.
    99th: Falcons.
    100th pounders.

:D
    • Up x 2
  10. Jonny

Whats going on, are SOE nerfing all Max AV weapons on PTS? Do they have a reason for this or is it just to annoy yet more people?
  11. Anghammarad

Apparently you're not supposed to use AV weapons indoors.
    shrug.gif
  12. Jonny

The thing is, if you use AV weapons to take on infantry you're putting yourself at a major disadvantage anyhow. As a maxed ZOE max with duel comets it can be fun to take on infantry with them, but I'd be much better off using blueshifts, and if I run into more than one person I'm usually screwed.

So my point is why take out the skill based fun of tackling the odd infantryman with them? If you have duel AV weapons a skilled max should be able to take on afew normal troops to escape and change loadout, making them completely defenceless would be a bad move.

On that note I accept comets are the easiest AV to kill infantry with. They need to sort out the TR and NC stock AV weapons to make them on the same level.
  13. Lt Andrew

Fractures, comets and ravens are versatile and easy to use. They are mostly nerfing the ease of use, so your skill will have even more importance against infantry.
  14. Jonny

I just care about them being fun to use, as long as they're still fun.