[FAIL] Alerts favor NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MissTiger, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Prodigal

Thank you for making my day.
  2. nick779

oh look, another TR complaining and whining as usual.
    nc is the most underpowered faction in the game. stop talking
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=23
  3. X3Killjaeden

On your server perhaps. On Cobalt esamir belongs to VS basically. As well as indar.
  4. Vendettta

hahaha...... lay off meth bro.
    • Up x 2
  5. Radec594

Oooh that's going to be such an advantage when everyone and their mothers can kill you at ranges hipfire is rather useless, right? ;)

But faction wars aside, SOE really need to figure out a system to put a ceiling on faction populations on all servers, upon character creation.
    While the same goes for VS, which (taking the TR total pop as the average) has a 2k sub-par across all servers, the NC overpopulates by 6k, this is an entire server's population count.

It's getting ridiculous and SOE will have to deal with balancing out faction numbers sooner or later; even if that means telling a player he can't have a TR/NC/VS character on a server that's overpopulated by 10%+ by said faction.
  6. MurderBunneh

This whining is an unfortunate result of the devs listening to the player base. Now people have got it in their heads that they can whine post their way to getting buffs/nerfs and I would say that this perception is correct .

The reason that it took them so long to nerf the Scatmax is that it was not as OP vs the other maxes as say the Reaver is and the Vanguard are UP vs the other faction vehicles.

Every single scrap of statistic that has every been brought to light has shown the NC to be last in vehicle xp and score per hour.
    Whether it was December January by the devs or recently with the stats culled by a player and shown in google docs.
    • Up x 1
  7. MurderBunneh

That seems reasonable but the barrier will be people not being able to play with their friends. So maybe some free transfers or something.
    • Up x 1
  8. Radec594

This is why I believe SOE didn't go with such a system already, they're probably afraid that limiting players upon character creation is a bad thing for PR; and it is.

But with a scale like PS2's, numbers can get out of hands pretty quickly.

For instance, if the NC is on their peak hour and an alert goes off, the 33% ceiling will turn on on that continent; this way you're cutting out a potentially 15-20% of NC players who'd like to participate, but cannot due to how many people warped on the continent before they could.

I think this pisses off people even more than having to choose a well balanced server, then again it's still a delicate subject, as it's limiting the player's options.

I have hopes that SOE developers have figured something out already, and are toying with it, because when lattice comes, we're gonna need it :confused:
  9. MurderBunneh

When I joined Mattherson NC was last in pop but only by a small margin. I do not enjoy being the highest pop and as a matter of fact I haven't played my NC for the last three days because of this. I have been playing my Mattherson TR which is probably why I am even more angry at this forum crap everyday.

My Striker and my Carv serve me every bit as well as my Phoenix and Anchor do when I play NC.
  10. Ture

Hard mode ? HAAHAHAHAHA

- You can just sit in corner with your Scatmax and press button once a while to instantly kill someone.
    - Your weapons are awesome, i think EM6 might be the best LMG in the game over all. Gauss SAW might be the best at range.

Try playing some VS and then come say that NC is hardmode.
    • Up x 1
  11. Antich

Funny, all the crying i heard lately was that the NC MAX is OP cause all the fighting in close combat.
  12. Venomoroth

have you ever truly watched any of your vehicles, weapons etc? this speech of you is really the worst and wrongest thing i've seen so far on this forum.
    • Up x 1
  13. Radec594

Well when your main advantage is, supposedly and as you said yourself, "better hipfire" which is only useful in CQC, and at the same time your enemy has the best instagib CQC weapon..... 2+2=?
  14. Panzer.GS

Of the three alerts I saw throughout yesterday two went to VS and one to TR as they already held most of the continent when alerts went off. I would take it as completely random.
  15. TintaBux

You can't judge on one server silly.
  16. SolidSnake

Who's they? what are these advantages you speak of? where were you at launch when NC was the redheaded stepchild of PS2? and it went on for another 3 months. The above post is pure unadultered 100% whining.

You got your wish, our AI MAX was nerfed, now you are out of excuses to keep losing to NC so you're inventing new ones? OMG NC so OP with their SAW, every NC player uses SAW and gets 20 k/d ratio, so OP plz nerf. P.S. leave my pump action shotgun alone, that's not OP at all nooooo, not at all....
  17. SolidSnake

"wish stupid posters could make english."
  18. smokemaker

Love the new alert system.
  19. DanMan3395

If you play on an east coast server this is not the case. Both west coast servers are dommed by NC but the Easties are all TR.
  20. Gavyne

And not only that, during primetime, at least 1 continent is 33/33/33. If you fight on that continent, the population is balanced no matter how imbalanced world population may be.

Also Connery is West Coast, I wouldn't consider that server NC dominated. NC & TR are quite evenly populated and even strength on that server, it's VS that gets knocked silly.