[FAIL] Alerts favor NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MissTiger, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MissTiger

Halfway through an ALERT on Esamir, and the only faction that has a chance is NC:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This is not unusual, they always have a higher pop than anyone else, so they get the most XP. So this new alert system is going to make MORE players go to NC. How fair is this?
    • Up x 6
  2. Antich

By you having more targets to shoot at with your better performing weapons and vehicles?
    Now as a serious answer, i always advocated for an flexible reward system that gives rewards acording to the faction population imbalance for every fight. If a zerg fights one man they get almost no xp, if a man fights a zerg for every succesful action he gets big xp(sure, have to have some limits not to abuse the system but you get the point)
    • Up x 11
  3. Orosian

So like Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  4. meucha

Not sure if trolling or trolling.
    We may have a higher pop on your server, but not on mine. We're mostly the second faction after TR.
    Choose your server better with your next 4th faction critter. Thanks.
    • Up x 9
  5. meucha

NC is and has always been hard mode. That's why the best players are NC, because of the challenge.
    I feel sad for noobs that believe all this forumside rant and choose NC. Want easymode ? TR or VS all the way.
  6. Gavyne

The pop issue is only the case during offhours, like now. In the afternoon earlier, and this evening when 2 alerts happened, the population on Esamir and Amerish were 33/33/33.

So just enjoy the 20% exp bonus for fighting the same people you would've otherwise been fighting anyway, and whatever slice of 10,000 exp you'll get when the event ends. At this time at night you won't find a server with even population.
  7. MissTiger

Obviously you don't play on USWest servers. It gets tiresome day-in and day-out fighting a defensive battle. Besides, overall pop of ALL servers shows a clear NC pop advantage.

NC is not hard mode, don't try that self-superior bullcrap on me, I fight the smurfs everyday. If anyone has hardmode, that's the VS, and they still rock a large part of the territories on US West servers. Mostly, that's due to great leadership in their outfits.

And I am not, and have never been 4th faction. I created a character in each faction on different servers and played them equally until I found a great outfit, which happened to be TR. So that's what I mainly play now.
    • Up x 8
  8. NightmareP69

Lol hardmode, hardmode my goddamn ***. I perfom extreamly good with my NC on woodman without any goddamn problems ever.
    Reaver is the best ESF in the game thanks to it's main gun which can destroy other ESFs in a few seconds unlike The Scythe and Mossy who have to waist mutliple magazines to kill anything. The hard hiting weapons of the NC also allow you to fight at long range since TR and VS weapons are frekin' terrible at long range fights due to lower damage.
    If you keep using the word "hard" mode you're just a troll who wants to anger the TR and VS player base so please get out.
    • Up x 10
  9. Zamos

Wow just wow . NC hard mode :D:D:D:D:D:D
    • Up x 11
  10. gigastar

That doesnt look like primetime population to me.
  11. meucha

LOL yeah, please rage more about my post.
  12. Cinnamon

I guess that a lot of TR would like a few more "hard mode" weapons added to the faction. Pretty tired of losing to all those rank 10 NC with the Guass SAW and their superior skill.
    • Up x 1
  13. meucha

Then stop standing still ?
  14. Cinnamon

Yeah TR guns have imba ads movement speed.
  15. killusi0n

your post is fail. the alert system is bugged. first faction to cap any continent after the alert goes out wins it. And haha, what server was this because that looks like Helios, and the TR won that by ghost caping Amerish while NC and VS fought over Esamir (which was where the alert was for).
  16. Antich

Reaver is what? =))
    So let me understand, you all cry NERF SCATMAX!!!!! because all fights are CQC and now NC is OP cause their weapons are better at range?? You got to be freaking kidding me.

They have better hipfire weapons.
  17. Rusky

What ? Did you run out of whine topics after the scatmax nerf ?
    • Up x 1
  18. meucha

Yeah, they would need to get their facts right and bring a single plausible explanation. But no, NC is OP because all fights are CQC thus the latest nerf, and also OP because their weapons preform slightly better at range (once you stop spraying, else TR are still better).
    Totally makes sense.
  19. LordMondando

Again, I submit. ITs got nothing to do with weapons, equipment or their stats.

An American audience, on the whole, is hostile to playing the space communists or space Scientologists.

On most European, indeed I believe all European servers. NC are not dominant.

Also with the mere perception of a nerf (never mind the actual changes) your going to see a lot of 4th empires moving to other fractions over the next few days.

And the alert system is obviously a work in progress. I mean bugs, in a new feature. IN MY PLANETSIDE. WTF!?!?!11/?!
    • Up x 3
  20. Cinnamon

Wait so I need to hipfire my TR guns more and aim carefully with short controlled bursts at the same time? That's why TR are OP?