[Suggestion] Faction specific construction turrets and other stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDk78, Sep 18, 2018.

1. MasterDk78

Some ideas me and my friend have been talking about while roaming around building 100 bases.

Each faction could have specific anti-vechile design

Etc TR could have Vulcan
    Must effective at closer range, but not so effective at long range

VS could have high energy towers, designed for longer range
    but not so effective at closer range

NC could have pellets, like shotgun.
    Most likly allways gonna hit at closer range,
    But sux at longer range

Above is just a suggestion, but would be nice if it all was not the same, after all each faction have different style.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to an completely different thing
    We all know u removed the lock ablility on the silo to encurage people to build.
    But what on most part is happening is,
    1. people spawn, steal a silo, spawn an ant.
    2. Come back steal an orbital, spawn an ant

My suggestion is to remove the silo, from the silo

I love that now the owner can deconstruct everything people build.
    So many rage tells, but i dont care. people should ask before just jumping in and build.

Can i suggest, if a person log out, that you are in a squad with, that the ownership of his stuff will be transferred to the leader? can be critical you cant do anything if silo goes below certain point, and you have no control to remove stuff.

Thank you for reading this, thank you for an awesome game
  2. LordKrelas

For the turret concept; It's interesting, at the very least, visually different would be a nice touch.

For the actual turrets:
    If the AV Turret, is engaging at close-enough ranges that the Vulcan-Style is effective, the tanker is an idiot.
    If it works at practical engagement ranges for PMB's, it's likely either pray-to-hit, or brutal.

For NC, yeah that's a ****** turret.
    As it compounds the issue of the TR AV Suggestion, adds extra RNGesus, and would be even worse for attackers, if it was made practical given if it was able to actually defend against tanks at the general engagement, it would likely kill too suddenly.

For VS:
    The longer the range of a Turret, the easier it is to focus-fire & create kill-zones with multiple turrets.
    And for an Anti-vehicle turret, range tends to be the key factor, as Vehicles stay at a distance when engaging PMB's.
    Add in the ease of Sniping vehicles with mountain-top Turrets, and VS could reap vehicles at long-range automatically.
    Or it has the most impractical reload, dying before getting a second shot; So it's either too good for PMB's, or it's rendered too situational unless spammed.

-------
    For the silo thing: Yeah idk why you can pull a Silo from it.
    And that's easily a pain-in-the-***.

That suggestion about ownership on log-out would certainly help build-squads, and would be great.
    • Up x 1