[Suggestion] Faction specific anti infantry turrets for engies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Toxintractor, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Toxintractor

So just a bit of a idea here to pitch.

The mana turret has been the only AI turret in the game for a long time and the spit fire being the newest form of that as well.. but lately I have been wondering if some faction specific turrets would be useful (Or just more awesome.)

So just some ideas here:
    NC- Some sort of twin linked shotguns that fire one after another with the heat bar rising after every shot.. and upgrades would allow more shots to be fired off before over heating. (Like the mana turret.) Perhaps each salvo fired has 4-6 pellets, this way it will not insta gib you unless you where point blank.

TR- A big ol mini gun, think the T7 but with a shorter spin up time or some thing along those lines.. But kinda aim for the idea that once this turret is spun up it can chew through infantry fairly fast. (I know that sounds a lot like the current mana turret.. though I am hoping the spin up/higher ROF fully spun up will make it unique enough.)

VS- So.. this one was a hard one for me to come up with ideas for, but some sort of anti infantry plasma launcher sounds fun. Either some thing relating to the lasher in performance or maybe some sort of twin barreled energy weapon that keeps in line with the VS weapon style, so at the end of the day this turret might be more effective at mid to longish range depending.

So why pick these over current turrets? Well in general the idea was to aim for some thing that keeps to that factions style (NC better at close range for example) and to have obvious strengths over the standard mana turret or spitfire auto turret while keeping the mana turret as a sort of "Jack of all trades" weapon that still would have its uses.

What do you guys think about this? Little some thing to add more flavor to the engie.
    • Up x 2
  2. Toxintractor

Bump! lets see about a up to date point for this :D
  3. Campagne

Eh, I don't really think it needs to be said, but: as an NC I do not want another shotgun weapon, and would much rather have a gauss/railgun type weapon instead.

Basically anything would be an improvement to the general worthlessness of a shotgun in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  4. Newlife1025

No more shotguns... useless outside of their limited range
  5. Toxintractor

Ehh, a rail turret/gauss turret could be neat im just not sure how youd wanna make it unique to the NC and make it stand out from the standard turret and the other factions turrets.
  6. BurntMyWater

Make it fire slower with more damage? Pretty standard NC traits. Oh, also does double damage to friendlies.
  7. JKomm

I'll just leave this here.... already been suggested, and a little more fleshed out I might add.
  8. Alexkruchev

Similar ideas have come up in the past, and I do not disagree. My only concern with the shotty-turret idea for NC Is NC already has issues being CQC-limited (THey have no answer to the Lancer/Striker, in it the Phoenix has a hardcap range significantly less than the other two options). Not that these are AV turrets, but I'd rather see them get a slow firing high alpha damage turret- maybe like a semi-auto sniper turret. It'd be interesting if it could counter-snipe.