faction for hardcore ha?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by scratch12367, Mar 6, 2015.

1. scratch12367

hey guys i play tr and vs and i pretty much only play ha, and do some armor. here is the thing. most vs weapons have a .75 ads movement speed multiplier while other factions do not. is this advantage big enough for hard core ha players to go vanu?
  2. vanu123

VS have two LMGs that have .75 ads. Also SOME weapons have it, not most. If you go VS you're restricted to the Orion and Sva-88. TR you have a solid all round choice and with NC you have everything except the EM1.
  3. scratch12367

Seeing that the Orion and sv88 are the best lmgs that's not a problem so basically my question is does .75 ads make a difference ?
  4. Mythologicus

People will tell you no, but it does.

On the SVA-88 in particular it makes you almost unkillable at medium range, while simultaneously allowing you to bypass the weapon's terrible hipfire by ADS strafing in CQC. At the ranges that engagements typically take place, it's not a huge deal though the survivability boost is noticeable if you time direction changes right.

Having said that, it doesn't do too much for you while your shield is active, so it's generally something you abuse early on before popping the shield, then getting back into cover when your defences run out.
  5. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Crap, I love that signature.
    To the topic:
    Yes, it makes a difference, and you really notice when you use other weapons. That said, you could use the NS-15M on every faction.
    VS actually has an excellent LMG lineup, though a lot of them are rather ... quirky. The SVA-88 and Orion are the staples, obviously.
    And no, that isn't really a deciding point in picking a faction, you often pay for fast ADS or other mobility with some other statistics :
    Comparing the SVA-88 with the Pulsar LSW, the former has it's ADS speed and a bit better hipfire as meaningful advantages, in turn requiring a longer reload and sporting higher recoil.
    Whatever floats your boat, really.
  6. Liewec123

shame you only want TR or VS since i was going to suggest NC, pretty much all of our HA guns are amazing,
    plus if you want to stare in to the eyes of your prey up close as they die we have the lord and king of all shotguns, The Jackhammer.
  7. Khallixtus

All factions have good HA weapons, and I play TR. But I have always wanted some of those NC weapons and the Orion. The Guass Saw is such a beautiful weapon in good hands, and the Orion's CQC capabilties are amazing, so is the MSW-R, but it can't go longer than 25 metres without certing it for it. I would also love to be able to use the NC Jackhammer, being given the choice for accurate shotgunning or a burst-fire instakill. But all factions have good HA capabilties I find (I still think the NC have better weapons than TR, just a little bit).
  8. Zoobe

TR has 2 x 750 fire rate LMGs, one with 100 mag. VS has one 750, 0.75 is good, 100 mags are also. Anchor is also awesome, NC has some fine LMGs, SAW, GD just great all round imho.

Personally I love the TR LMG-s, and really VS only have one decent one for pretty close ranges. They are all pretty balanced in their ways, but of course you read all the Orion is godlike everywhere, it is great but CARV so underrated. Anchor and Cyclone heavy is so damn strong in every way and a good SAW heavy, is scary.

Make a VS alt, try it out, what suits you may differ and no theory crafting will answer it for you.