Faction cooperation in a fight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlanetBound, Jul 6, 2021.

1. PlanetBound

I noticed at several small fights there was the same VS player tagging along. The response I got to my query of "Why be here, it's not your fight?" was "Strength in Unity" or something like that. I've also seen this with a TR player accompanying the VS.

What's the advantage of a faction member cooperating with another faction in a fight?
  2. UberNoob1337101

Less guns shooting at you, but I've usually found such double-teamers to turn on themselves after they've done ganking.

But if they're organized, they'll just keep doing it.
  3. Demigan

I sometimes place a stealth Sunderer near a large fight of the two opposing sides, then start seeing where I can disrupt the two sides as much as possible and make sure the fight remains stable.

Occasionally players of both factions start guiding me towards targets of the opposition in /yell chat or private messages. If it suits me I oblige (I purposefully respond to /yell chat more) and it is so much fun to have players banter with each other while trying to guide a lone guy from another faction towards their enemies.

Other than that, sometimes people are A-holes. For example some teammates that kept an enemy ESF alive and would hinder me and other allies in taking down the ESF so that the enemy could kill us more easily as "training". They would occasionally damage allies should they be a threat enough to possibly kill their protege.
  4. Drgnx

I've seen players actually working together to stop a base cap, or support a base cap.
    • One time on the TR, I watched as our faction spawned camped the VS while the NC capped the point at gourney dam.
    • I was recently in a fight where a TR esf was mowing down VS who tried to get from their Sunderer to a lightly guarded NC point, didn't even shoot at the NC when he killed VS fighting face to face with them
    plenty of outfits do this , but in particular:
    • There is a VS outfit that are known for going out of their way to join big fights and sometimes randomly help a side by dropping Orbitals or shields (they don't always help a faction, and just want to fight, but when they do, they alternate, so no issues there).
    • Also there is a TR outfit that likes to show up far from their territory just destroys ams and other vehicles, this is kind of annoying but at least they don't always attack the same faction, but I do feel they go after offensive VS more.
    More times than not, most people are just looking for a big three way fight
  5. ycluk

I have also seen some freaking A-hole doing some real "infiltrating" crap. We overpop greyyard shipping (just north of Esmair E gate), the other faction player logon to our faction and C4 our sundy. There used to faction lock in PS1, & I am surprised that's not enforced in PS2.
  6. JibbaJabba

scenario I've participated in:

Fights are just downright boring for my own faction. It's either not an alert, or it's an alert that has a predetermined outcome.

We'll pack up and drop some spawn logistics somewhere and point hold in the middle of a fight between the other two factions.

Also... On a *rare* occasion the strategic situation in an alert will make it favorable for you to help an enemy. In a tied alert for example you may want to go sweep the offensive sundies to prevent your tied faction from taking a base from the 3rd.

My least favorite thing to see: The full platoon from one faction just balling up with armor/air and going around the map to ruin the fights of others actually playing the game. I'll not participate in that. Just **** sportsmanship really.