Extreme drop in VS population on Ceres server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Xasapis

The world population can be kind of deceiving. First thing first though, are you on Mallory? I'll describe what happens on Miller, since this is my server. On Miller VS at this point hovers around 27%. Thing is, Indar is where VS lives, we have always max population there (33% when all factions are tied) and queues on Indar. We also seem to do pretty good so far. We are among the few servers that haven't lost the Indar bonus since GU2 (not once) and we still have a firm hold on the continent. However, this came with the cost of having little to no presence on the other two continents. Did you witness something similar in your server?
  2. Shinrah

Aha.... more like VS has _some_ weapons with similiar RoF, just like the NC btw. What you fail to mention is that TR have 10 bullets extra per clip, have the same recoil, and do not suffer DMG degradation.
    So while I´m perfectly fine with the VS weaponry, seeing a TR talk about how their weapons are lacking behind VS weapons makes me laugh. I would trade bulletdrop for no DMG degradation and 10 bullets extra ANY DAY.
  3. WUNDER8AR

I'm on Ceres, apparently. Though I have two alts on Mallory which I haven't touched since a long time. So no idea what's going on over there.

I can't say that the VS nor the NC/ TR tend to spend much time on Esamir/ Amerish. Basically all of the fighting takes place on Indar. There's usually no more than a couple of squads of players on the other two continents. Sometimes an outfit rolls over Esamir/ Amerish to lock it down. But that's really it. It doesn't seem that any of the factions would call anything but Indar their home continent on Ceres.
  4. irishroy

now you see how the NC felt all the time until GU2....
    worst warpgate position eva^^
  5. Xasapis

Actually it's worst Indar warpgate, average Esamir warpgate, best Amerish warpgate. I believe they tried to balance the original game with that in mind, but unfortunately the server population do not allow for big battles in more than tops two continents. And since Indar is by default the first of the two, the warpgate position there becomes more relevant than the other two continents.

Beyond that, real or perceived changes to the faction turned VS into the underdog and the most challenging faction to play at this point in time, which is an aspect I enjoy.
  6. {joer

Yes, yes he did.
  7. Prodigal

This:

is the OP. My browser's search-function can't find the letters "mag". You go ahead and show me, where anything about the Magrider is mentioned. Otherwise I'd say you have strong reality-issues.
  8. {joer

Sometimes I forget my reading comprehension scores were so much higher than the average person.

You see what changed with the VS from one patch to the next?

Warp gates and mags. At the time people were still clinging to the idea that the NC sucked because of the guns (hah) instead of their WG making it hard to progress. So that leaves the mag. Its the ONLY thing that changed for the VS.

It also explains where about 10% of the VS went. Those are the OP bandwagon types. Its been GREAT for my server as now the empires are actually balanced instead of 40% VS. On servers where VS wasn't a majority I'm sure its hurt as those same players seem to have jumped to NC.

So either the OP was completely clueless or whining about mags. I'm going with mags because I like to think positively about humanity.
  9. Nyscha

10. Prodigal

That's an assumption, not reading comprehension. Be assured that talking about reading comprehension, youre talking to the wrong person if you're trying to be a smartypants.

You should consider the possibility that you're assuming too much. Especially regarding your self-perception.
  11. pisu

12. MasterTater

The magriedr was never OP - you were and are still too stupid to manage driving and aiming with the top rotary turrent seperately, which gave and now with all the crippling buffs to the VS MBT gives you a massive advantage over that tank. But I guess the old saying is especially true on these forums - Stupidity outrules logic and thoughtfulness 10fold in the search of unjustified opportunistic advantges.
  13. Pemtaphalon

I can agree that Vanu pop has gone way down, I switched to NC (before the nerfs) because after visiting the forums and hearing all this stuff about Vanu being "easy mode" and NC being the most UP I decided I liked the idea of being the underdog, I like a challenge. but yeah, Vanu has gone way down, it's a shame really, whilst I don't play as them anymore it was still interesting fighting something so vastly different to the TR.

I actually found playing as VS dull, because from a VS POV all the enemies are the same, all bullets and tank tracks, now as an NC it's bullets, tank tracks, plasma and hovering, it's awesome, then the update came, VS cried alot and VS pops died, I hope they come back, it's not the same without them :(
  14. Nature

Fact is that the magskater had a better KDR in tank v tank battles than prowler and vanguard combined, and if thats not OP then what the **** is? And yes, the reaver was the worst ESF before the rotary changes, haven touched air in a while and CBA to do so now.

This sentence made no sence to me, might just me not being a native english speaker. WTF are crippling buffs....
  15. pisu

This "fact" does not take into account the percentages of each armament type (AA, AI, etc.) each tank type rolled with. No wonder you lost to Mag with HE prowlers...
  16. ShumaKun

17. Nyscha

Known bug when you change maps.
    • Up x 1
  18. Grayson

Another VS whine thread? hihihi
  19. Rusky

Those Esamir/Amerish screenshots don't mean anything. There's usually just once faction on them steamrolling everythin then leaving and another coming in.
  20. soeguud

Only idiots stick around when the 70% pop horde arrive.