EXTRALIFE2021 Expiry Is Unnecessary

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nighda Venesis, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Nighda Venesis

https://twitter.com/planetside2/status/1466846218210852867

There is no good reason for this. Why take something away from players joining past this point that was available previously? If this really is a thank you to the community, let it stay. It's just a free item, no need for stinginess, especially given the reason it was made and released this way.
  2. Tormentos

If you open this door, you will have to do the same with all the other promotional items, you know?
  3. JustGotSuspended

Most of the promotional codes don't seem to expire. You can still redeem codes from 3-4 years ago, even some from launch still work.

https://borderpolar.com/promo-codes/planetside-2-codes/

As for this code the helmet is meh and probably will never be worn unless you're a meme or NSO (same thing I guess...?) and it was for a limited charity event in which case there is some sense in making the code expire, although I don't think it's necessary either. But while most planetside 2 anniversary or update codes work for years, it's often the case that special events that produced stuff like the recruiter bundle, the "his regards" etc don't last too long and never reappear.
  4. Nighda Venesis

Yeah, that's also something I personally think should be done. There should be a way to get every item in the game, not just for a limited time, which is why I was delighted to see in one of the recent patch notes that RPG wants all campaigns to be playable at some point in the future. Means a bunch of dev time isn't just for something partially temporary, and more stuff for every player to do. The same should be for such items.
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

This is a great idea. THey should give us the option of either
    • Pay some certs to do an old directive or unlock an old weapon
    • OR bring back these old weps/directives once a year so players can try to unlock them.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tormentos

I second the notion. It would give returners the ability to get rewards/decals/camos/equipment that were earnable when they took a pause from the game. A second chance to earn it so to speak.
    • Up x 2