Extra Char Slot Without Membership

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ycluk, Dec 8, 2018.

1. ycluk

I would like to know if there's anyway to get more character slots other than paying for membership.

The game shows to get more from depot, but I don't see depot has any available purchase with DB cash.

I paid for starter package, but my computer was too old and couldn't play the game until I bought a new computer recently, and please don't tell me I have to pay more before I can even spend enough time to see how this game is 1st.
  2. TheSunlikeOne

• Up x 1
  3. JobiWan

It's 499 DB cash to unlock the slot. I'd recommend getting one month's membership for (UK price) £8.99. You get 500 DB cash with that and it unlocks 3 extra slots permanently, they stay when you cancel, much better value IMO.
  4. Luicanus

I'm loading up my game atm to double check but I'm 99% sure that's not true. I'm fairly certain the membership slots close after your membership ends.

EDIT: I can confirm that after a total of 13 months of membership came to an end my 5, 6 and 7 slots have closed. DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO REMAIN OPEN PERMANENTLY
  5. ycluk

I think you guys misunderstood my question.

I am talking about extra character slots, not the loadout slots for character.

In the login screen, I have only 3 slots for my characters, how can I get more characters without paying for membership ?

Thanks
  6. TheSunlikeOne

Depot -> Boosts & Utilities:
    https://i.imgur.com/lTFmwhA.jpg
  7. Luicanus

Ah, touche, in the depot, use the search bar, type in character then hit enter. it should be the first hit.

[IMG]
  8. JobiWan

Not much else to say other than that you're wrong. F2P players get 3 slots. If you get membership once, you get 3 more slots and they stay open when you cancel membership. It's a fact.
  9. JobiWan

I didn't misunderstand. My reply stands, you can pay 499 999 DBC for one more slot, or get one month's membership, get 500 DBC and get THREE extra character slots.

Edit: it's 999 not 499, seems a no-brainer to me.
  10. ycluk

Thanks, I see it now.

Any chance these will go on sale on holidays ? Like Christmas ?
  11. Luicanus

I can't say that I've ever seen them on sale but that's far from conclusive.
  12. HippoCryties

I bought one month membership, still have the slots 6 months later. Just make sure a character is made in them at the end of the membership and they are permanent
  13. Luicanus

There was some confusion as to whether or not it was a character slot or a Loadout slot. The comment I was replying to was referring to the Loadout slots at 499 DB cash as opposed to the character slots at 999 DB cash.

Hippo, if you're referring to the loadout slots not consistent with my experience...

As for character slots I've not personally kept track.
  14. AEROCHAOSS

What's about bringing extra character slots to the ps4?
  15. Yessme

you know you talk ****?
    don`t blame a game for your idiots..
    you never get a membeship, because i got it 2015 for 1 year.
    still i am all acess, + still 6 slots, without membership, and don`t have premium now 3 years

For the thread question,
    Yep you can buy 3 extra Slots, like the 1st 3 slots.
    you can have 6 accs on 6 dif server.
  16. HippoCryties

Ah it was char slots xD
    • Up x 1