Explosive Experts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WUNDER8AR, Jan 6, 2015.

1. WUNDER8AR

Building chock-full of teammates
    Enemy tries to push through a doorway or staircase
    Nades flying all over the place

What to do? Exactly, place mines and C4 traps all around your teammates. That's surely going to net you some kills, captain ******.

Ammo/Repair Sundy placed as a spawnpoint next to a base.
    A ton of infantry spawns in and friendly vehicles frequently come by to rep/resupply.

What to do? Exactly, place AV/AT mines and C4 traps all around it so when an enemy BR 1 instant action hotdrops into the game for the first time landing right next to us we can have one big motherf***** splosion!

I'm super tired of teammates laying out traps in high traffic areas. It never works out. It always gets a couple of allies killed. I'm annoyed to a point where I shoot friendly mines and C4 the moment I get an opportunity to do it w/o killing a teammate during the process though sometimes it just doesn't work out w/o collateral damage. It's a full time job seriously. Stop wasting your resources like that! You're making people paranoid.

Anyone else shooting friendly mines and the like in seriously ******** positions? Or do you just ignore it and live with the constant risk of getting blown to smithereens by a fatal chain reaction?
    • Up x 1
  2. andy_m

Good point.

I cringe when I see someone place a couple of blocks of C-4 at a spawn point, while there are a dozen of us waiting for the enemy to appear.

But I may be as bad myself. I place two bouncing betties either side of a door frame sometimes. And sometimes there is collateral damage... Sometimes.

I try to only do that when a base is not yet under attack and if a Zerg is on its way in. If the point is some distance from the spawn then I only tend to blow up enemy.

In my defence, I think that I've only killed a handful of friendlies in my 700 BB kills.

Still, as I said...a good point made, and I'm up for suggestions for planting mines more intelligently...
    • Up x 1
  3. HadesR

Yes, Yes it does

[IMG]

Just's needs a bit of thought and placing them in the right high traffic areas at the right time ..
    • Up x 3
  4. Doc Jim

I make IEDs with 1 AP-mine and 1 AT-mine each, but only at choke points close to capture points.
    If someone starts laying AT-mines or C4 close to my Sunderer though...
    Step 1: move the Sunderer out of harms way.
    Step 2: destroy the idiotically placed explosives.
    Step 3: deploy the Sunderer again.
    Step 4: kill the idiot (optional).
  5. BlueSkies

If someone puts a mine at your feet... shoot them.

If you stand on a mine that was already there... shoot yourself

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Noktaj

Why not talking about your own team Troll-Engineers that put that ammo packs RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOORWAY with incoming fire so that you MUST stand in the fireline to regain ammo?

Engineers, please, don't be trolls, put those ammo packs BEHIND COVER thank you :D
  7. HadesR

Or the useless ones who put ammo packs right next to supply terminals in Spawn rooms .. That's helpful
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

my favourite is when a kamikaze engi rushes the sunderer, chucks down his ATmines but gets killed before he can trigger them,
    but lucky for him, several idiots on our team will start shooting them anyway XD
    • Up x 5
  9. Halkesh

I rarely play as infantry engineer but when I do, I place my ammo pack near cover : you shouldn't reload right in the face of enemy fire.

About AV mines, I place it rarely but only on choke point or to create a trap. (bait the MBT and watch it blow up)
    For the AP mine, I almost never use it. But when I do, it's when I'm sure I'll get a kill (near capture point room, everywhere in bio lab or tech plant before the SCU go down).
    But I rarely play as engineer outside of a vehicle.
  10. Noktaj

Hey, gotta farm those certs, you know... :rolleyes:
  11. Doc Jim

If you have 5-10 guys playing spawn room warrior and the enemy outnumbers you by 3:1 then placing ammo packs in the spawn room is not as stupid as it sounds. XP is XP.
    • Up x 1
  12. HadesR

Placing them near the spawn doors is fine .. Placing them next to terminal's is being useless .. Since it's quicker to press E E that close to a terminal than it is to wait for the ammo box to supply you ... So the engi is actually getting less XP than he would if he placed them in a less stupid place .
  13. Doc Jim

1) Spawn room warriors who get their ammo replenished don't resupply ammo at the terminal.
    2) Fully certified ammo packs placed next to the terminals in the small spawn rooms resupply almost everyone.

Trust me, you can make a sh*tload of XP like this, even if it isn't very sensible in terms of tactics.

Placing ammo packs next to the terminals in the large spawn rooms (multi storeyed with four doors) is indeed stupid as the terminals are nowhere near the doors.
  14. Jac70

I place AV traps around deployed Sunderers all the time, they are the best defense agaist Harrassole roadkill farmers and incoming Tanks. I make sure to place them a good distance away from the Sundy and at likely points where an enemy will approach from. Still you will get numbnuts allies who will park their Lightning right next to the trap and happily bombard distant targets only to get destroyed when someone fires a shell back at them and it hits the mines - that's their problem not mine :eek:

As for Proximity mines, I use these less now as I feel they are a bit lame. If guarding a point I make sure that I place them outside the building so they don't kill friendlies who are holding the doors but again if you see a friendly Prox mine it is probably best to not stand on top of it when there are enemies nearby.
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

Allows me to skip the sticky grenade step and just let the NC take care of it :)
    • Up x 1
  16. Illucidator

I absolutely hate this especially when you are trying to hold a door with a shotty raking in the kills and some stupid infil drops a mine at your feet and the next thing you the enemy bombards u with grenades setting off the mine ending your 10+ killing streak. QUIT THAT CRAP!!!! i get enough grenades hurled at me by the enemy and i dont need one more explosive at my feet.
  17. Doc Jim

Maybe the infiltrator thinks you're OP and wants to give the enemy a chance ;-)
  18. WUNDER8AR

Maybe I wasn't clear enough there. I have no problem with decently placed mines and I know that there's still some intelligent people playing this game don't worry. I'm talking about those people who drop mines and c4 at our feet while we're holding a doorway that is constantly bombared with explosives.

What's also funny is C4 fairies who drop their bricks too late, as in their target got blown up before they could plant their C4 so the C4 is laying on the ground. And instead of "disarming it", the just leave it there. I just yesterday killed a enemy lightning as stalker cloaker thx to that. And people say that Infils are lacking AV capabilities XD.