[BUG] Explosion Velocity?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Chiss

Do explosions have a speed at which they expand from the origin?

I didn't expect it would be, but today, i've encountered;

I have placed C4 on a ESF twice, and both times when i detonated, the explosion completely missed the ESF.

The same thing keeps happening with my G2A Missiles. Except i get a hit notification, but do no damage.
  2. Steppa

So...the C4 was placed right on the hull of the aircraft, exploded, and did no damage? Did you get a red X signifying a hit?

On a related subject, I wonder what the absolute range of the C4 transmitter is...
  3. Chiss

The C4 was on the wing one time, and the tail the second time.

Infinite.
  4. Steppa

One of my favorite things to do in BF3 is to C4 a plane and wait until someone takes off before detonating it. Much harder to do in PS2, but I've managed it a couple of times. The last was a Vanu who landed at a small outpost to run inside and change his loadout, I suppose. After he lifted off, I triggered it and he went boom.
  5. Shinrah

Sometimes the C4 packages seem to slide of the target, i dont think it has anything to do with explosion velocity. Noticed this on the weekend when someone dropped a C4 packages on my magrider and while driving backwards it slid of and then stuck in the air a couple of meters away.
  6. Chiss

It was definitely stuck on the ESF. The explosion happened right behind it in the air, too.
  7. helloworldy

I've killed ESF (possibly not at full armor) twice with one C4.