Expand on the /report feature & or chat box features

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Canaris, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Canaris

I said this during TT & beta that maybe the /report feature should be expanded on, as we have it now we need to type in /report "player name"

Would it be an idea to be able to right click on player names in the chat box and be able to select several options

/friend
    /pm (/tell)
    /report -> reason for reporting (suspected hacker or use of inappropriate language)

We all know lots of people use very difficult names to spell to get around getting reported.
    I also thought maybe having a similar /report feature on the death screen.

Good idea / bad idea?

The major drawn back to it being /report flooded by players who get killed throw a fit and report a normal player just because. Still perhaps the benefits outweigh the negatives.
  2. Faidwen

Of course this is a good idea. We need to have a proper reporting tool, so that we can add comments, and actually followup with the issues at hand.

Simply reporting a players name, and then hoping something comes of it is ludicrous.

We also need ONLINE GMS, who can respond to tickets and issues in a TIMELY fashion. (and by timely I mean an hour or so)

SoE, hire online GMS (hire them, then they are responsible employees, NDA them, for like $100 / month) from the population base. They can answer online queries and work through the loads of issues and problems that folks have. Give them a set of tools to take action. We've done this for years at another LARGE (*coughEAcough*) online gaming company, and it works very well. 24/7 shifts! Get'rdone!