Ex-Outfit Lead thinking about joining a group

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by Trudeus, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Trudeus

Hey folks,

Been out of the game for a few years now but, like hopefully a lot of players, the recent changes are making the game more interesting to me. Being clear here: I'm thinking about joining a group, it's not a guarantee.

Bit of background on me:
    - Started playing in January 2013
    - Joined an outfit called CASH
    - Leadership dipped for another game, so myself and a few other members helped rebuild the outfit
    - Left to make my own outfit [CSTB], which I ran with for 2 years or so before I got bored and passed the leadership on. That didn't go well, so I have the tag back and it's just a tag my IRL friends and I use.

Why you want me:
    - Very experienced commander with solid knowledge of how to work the map to win alerts, specifically understanding population shifts which I feel most people don't understand and ignore (one ribbon away from Auraxium leadership helmet, damn platoon ribbons [bonus points if you're willing to help me grind this ****])
    - Genuinely enjoys running pub platoons and take pride in my ability to recruit players, given that I recruited the majority of folks to CASH during the rebuild and the vast majority of folks for CSTB. Customer service skills are great for recruitment, and I have years of that IRL.
    - Decent in actual combat. Stats. For those who care about KDA, a lot of my deaths were from when reviving someone didn't take away their death. I average 1.3 KDA or so per session currently.

What I'm looking for:
    In [CSTB] we focused on small-scale infantry-based combat and all the other buzzwords in that part of the game. Teamwork, squad composition, using specific practiced strategies, etc. We prioritized doing the jobs other outfits didn't want to do, for the betterment of the NC (redeployside, ****** fights to tie up enemy forces, etc). We had a website (wiped it a bit ago), a Teamspeak, resources for new players, experts in each class, events including scrims with other outfits, outfit-only ops nights and "recruitment nights", which were public ops nights to drive up recruitment.

Culturally, we liked to goof off and have fun when it wasn't crunch time, so to speak. Common themes during our ops nights were galaxies being flown upside-down and knife fights surrounded by headlights.

Here are some quotes from old CSTB applicants. I think they clarify what I'm looking for.

“Everyone jokes, every other outfit discourages this”

“I love the coordination that you guys have. Best teamwork I’ve ever experienced in any videogame.”

"i like to play with a team of people who know what they’re doing and from playing with members they seem pretty cool”

“A good outfit who know what they’re doing.”

“looking for a team oriented outfit rather than a large cluster fk of a zerg :3 It’s more fun with a small group of people you know [IMG]

“You're not a zerg outfit and your coms were orderly when I played with you guys. Figure a medium sized outfit focused on tactics would be enjoyable.”

“because im looking for a group thats on often, plays well, and can respect its players”,

“CSTB seems to be an active outfit that can actually make a difference in combat rather than randomly attacking and hoping for the best. I am happy to see some people paying attention to tactics and would love to add my skill set to the outfit.”

Feel free to check out my post history to validate whatever ya need to. Keep in mind that I posted that stuff in high school, so if there's some cringe stuff I blame it on that.

I'd love to have a chat with those interested in doing a few runs and see how we mesh. Easiest way to get into contact with me is by adding me in-game, IGN is the same as my forum name. I'll also be checking this once a day or so.

Thanks for reading, ESPECIALLY with long this ended up being, and I hope to hear from ya soon!
    - Trudeus