EVERYONE'S USING SHOTGUNS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by umbrellapower, Feb 28, 2014.

1. umbrellapower

HIGBY I IMPLORE YOU TO RECONSIDER

• Up x 4
  2. Epicstrat

What's that? I couldn't tell what they were using from 300m out with my rifle. Whatever, seems like they like to stand still when they shoot, works for me :).
    • Up x 3
  3. SnatchMaster

Those shotguns are just super cute when people try to rush you with them from 25+ meters out.
    • Up x 4
  4. EmmettLBrown

Does this mean I was using them before they were cool?
    • Up x 7
  5. VakarisJ

It's only the 2-shot-kill semi-auto. Those were always a terrible choice for anyone who's not Vanu (no bullet drop) and isn't using slugs. Then they nerfed Vanu slugs...

Pump Actions are 1-hit-kill, but require skill for your kill. Full-auto are 2-hit-kill and need no skill whatsoever. We're lucky that neither of the two were given, but a crappy semi-auto instead. Even then, most people still fail at using them.
  6. Trudriban

[IMG]

back on topic though I was looking into the Mauler to put slugs on it for my LA, thank you SOE for giving me a freebie
    now refund my camo purchases or else I'll call 911 on you
    • Up x 4
  7. VakarisJ

You'll have to explain that .gif to me, because I don't get what you meant by it.
  8. Wobberjockey

so everyone is using shotties?

time to use my AR based loadouts then.
    • Up x 1
  9. DuckSauce

I have never had more people try to spray me with buckshot from 30m+ out.

When SOE gave everyone shotguns to ease the 'new player experience,' the one thing they never could have predicted was that people wouldn't know how shotguns work.
    • Up x 3
  10. Maelthra

I think it's hilarious to see people trying to shoot me with a shotgun from 50 meters away. I stand there for a moment, taunt them, then pump them full of plasma.
    • Up x 3
  11. Trudriban

explaiing a joke is never fun notice his face at the very end when he turns around. Our good friend Jim Carrey was laughing sarcastically and does not share your point
    • Up x 1
  12. VakarisJ

That could've been interpreted in 3 different ways, but since this is what you meant, I'll just say that a good hit is an instant kill, but if not all of the pellets connect, then you're faced with 0.7 delay before your next attempt. Most weapons kill in 0.5.
  13. Trudriban

In my experience more often than not your reaction time between a bad shot and the follow-up shot isn't enough to take out the shotgun wielder. That is, of course, if (s)he didn't already pop you in one hit at 10 metre's range when you started firing with a mid/long range weapon (yes this does happen)
    Not saying it's OP, just saying it ain't too hard to use
  14. FABIIK

I think it's good that new players finally got a weapon they can use in tower fights.
    People love tower fights.
    Starting LMGs are awful in tower fights (save for the lower floor).
  15. VakarisJ

Human reaction speed is between 0.15s and 0.30s. it Takes 0.25s to kill using headshots. If you're alert and react in 0.15s and focus down the shotgunners upper body, you can expect him to be dead in less time then his second shot even comes into play.

An other note: what the hell as you doing so close to a shotgunner? If he's this close, you should already be dead long ago. Especially from an auto-shotgun that has a TtK of ~0.2s. Though, if a pump misses -- you still have a chance. If an auto misses -- you're dead anyway. Oh and the optimal distance for the pump is 5m, if you're over that distance 1-hit isn't guaranteed even if your aim is true.
  16. Trudriban

"average" human reaction speed. Don't forget to factor in the lag of a client-side hit detection, the time it takes to turn around and shoot, and the fact that most of us are not real world fighter pilots with reaction times faster than someone running to the toilet after eating too much taco bell
    • Up x 1
  17. minhalexus

I think people forget that in ranges below 130m, the velocity (with charge) works against accuracy.

So basically you can not do anything at mid-close range. Its well known that BA dont do good at close range, but they do well in mid range, unlike this railjack.
  18. VakarisJ

0.15s is the average when alert. 0.1s is the fastest recorded.

Client-side hit detection does give the shotgunner a slight advantage, but that delay is also between 0.1s and 0.2s, depending on ping. If your twitch aim is good then you can easily do a 180 within 0.2 sec.

0.15s reaction time + 0.15s ping + 0.2s twitch time + 0.3s upper body kill time = 0.8s, which is very similar to the pump's second shot TtK, especially if you take into account that the pump shotgunner will not fire immediately as he can, but will line up his shot and fire when he's sure that he'll hit well.

Sure, that doesn't mean that you can always kill a pump user at his optimal range if he doesn't kill you in one hit, but that means that you have a chance. An auto shotgun doesn't give you that chance and isn't dependent on the user's skill, as you can just aim in the general direction and hold left mouse.
  19. PostalDude

My TMG-50, Nanoweave 5, and resist 6 says YES YES YES!
    • Up x 2
  20. Paqu

Maybe on NC but not so much on TR and especially on VS.
    • Up x 1