Everyone's Having a Party in Spawn, and I'm Probably Invited

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DiHorizon, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DiHorizon

I've been playing around in a the test server a bit and my high latency means I'm not much use in a fight. I'm getting about 250 ping (would be nice to know server IP so I can actually check). The latest build seems to have introduced some oddities in the way my client handle the position of other players. In Allatum there was a guy standing in the middle of the spawn room firing a pistol and my client was drawing the bullet decals on the wall behind him. There was also a guy standing at the infantry terminal repairing the generator on the other side of the base.
    [IMG]
    The issue is intermittent and redeploying seems to resolve it temporarily.
  2. mlane16

Actually the high latency is something I experience as well though I am going to try to test it more tommorow if opeople are willing. One thing that makes me suspect that its more than just some kind of internet connection or gpu issue is the fact that if your having rendering or fps issues, the intro of the game's sound run on a delay when you first roll your character.
  3. UrMom306

I noticed a few weird things yesterday. Me and my buddy hopped on so he could check out the lattice system. We were at Crossroads Watchtower resecuring the flags, NC were attacking. NC soilders would be running around like normal then all of a sudden they would stop in place, would still be showing the running annimation and shooting but they wouldn't be going anywhere. It was almost like on their end they were still seeing themselves moving around but on our end they were in on spot. Me and a couple friends just stood behind them and watched for a few seconds, then shot them lol.

We also so stuck aircraft, just floating up in the sky, multiple times.

Also my friend ran off towards a couple other bases but on the mini map it showed him being in the spawn room of Crossroads, i asked him if he was in the spawn room and he said "no i'm like two hexes away"

I played the first day of the test server launch and never saw these issues, so it must have been some bugs introduced with the newest update yesterday, anyways reported all the bugs and kept testing.
  4. Crazy Airborne

I got called a hack yesterday while at Vanu Archives, I noticed this dude I had just killed resureccted in front of me, at the same spot he died, i thought maybe he got ressed so i killed him again. then while watching, he appeared alive again the the same spot, i shot and killed him again, i moved over to his body, and i had a line of sight on his spawn room, and i saw the green glow of a body appearing in the spawn tube, at the same exact time his body in front of me spawned in again, so i killed him again. then i got called a hacker and they all yelled at me, i told them what i was seeing and someone else said they were seeing the same thing with a different guy. i think on his screen he was coming alive in the spawn room, but on my screen his body was appearing right where i had killed him. wierd stuffz
    • Up x 1
  5. LameFox

For me having high latency (I'd have to check but probably 300-ish to the east coast of USA) just means damage is a bit weird. For instance if I fly and get hit by flak, instead of 'bambambambambambambam' it's often just 'bam' and suddenly 50% health or instant death or whatever.
  6. Nahwel

This is what happened to me too
  7. Cougarbrit

That sounds a lot like a bug I saw on ARMA2 Wasteland mod. You'd kill a guy, and when he next spawns there'd be a model of him spawn where he died.

Only happened for the first death though.
  8. Devrailis

This actually happened a lot after the GU04 patch. It's probably caused by high latency. I was killed about 3 times in a row by the same guy, once, in a room with no people, and twice in a spawn tube. The guy told me he was shooting at someone else and kept getting the kill credit on me instead. I thought he was a hacker at the time, but it makes a lot more sense now to think that it was probably server shenanigans.