Everyone see me cloaked, what's the point?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kiro, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Regpuppy

A world with perfect cloak? Hope you can load up and aimbot and instagib them as they shoot before they recloak as soon as you turn around! Cloak as is already does it's job. It makes it -much- harder to detect, especially if someone isn't looking for you.

If you go in -alone- and there's no friendlies near the base, you have to be more careful. Because with visible enemies mixed into a fight, it becomes much harder to focus in enough to spot the infiltrator in your peripheral vision. If cloak was perfect, you'd have the most broken class in the game, even if you limited them to a pistol. At least with this game's TTK times. It'd be nothing to sneak up behind someone with perfect invisibility, kill them with a few headshots, and then quickly recloak and repeat until everyone plays nothing but infiltrator.
  2. Artuskan

And you know that there weren't Infiltrators that you missed because ........? Where do you get your stats on the total number of Infiltrators that were around versus the number you detected? Excuse me if I have a little bit of trouble believing your statement.
  3. Turiel =RL=

Cloaking in Planetside 2 reminds me of the movie "Mystery Men". One of the superheros - Invisible Boy - could only turn invisible when nobody was there.

It's a flat out joke and the reason for it is that they want to do without Darklight at all cost. Btw, I am also playing on lowest settings and I always wondered why they could see me, while I could not see them.....
  4. serenekaos

NV scope = worthless cloak
  5. Cobra Commander

I have only run into one person, literally one, that had any idea what to do with it and I still managed to pick off the 5 guys he was trying to cover...and yeah, the occasional tank or lib might be a pain in the ***...but if you actually rely more on your cloak than actually cover and stealth tactics, then you should really reconsider how you're using your cloak...real cover and LOS awareness > cloak. And like real firefights, the Infiltrator game is all about situational awareness...pick your moments, cause even with this so called junk cloak, I wander in and out of enemy towers/bases constantly while they're distracted by the rest of my assaulting team...

I guess my point is, stealth is an incredibly powerful and potentially gamebreaking mechanic (WoW...infinite stealth + vanish + stunlocking...really?)...and hard to do well (I HATE the Spy in TF2)...so there needs to be a delicate balance where it can be fun and useful and not game wrecking over powered...personally I manage to do very well with it in this game and if anything I'm usually riled up about "how the hell did I get away with that?!?!"
  6. The King

That would make it OP.
    Knifing, I would agree, however, knifing is so weak so I would rather shoot people instead.

Cloaking is fine as it is.
    I play Infiltrator 70% of the time and I find the cloaking to be very useful.
  7. ThreePi

Infil is my most played class and I think cloak and melee is fine. Would it be great if it was 100% invisible, one-hit knife, and you could shoot while cloaked? Yeah, that'd be crazy, I'd wreck **** up. But as it is right now, it does a good job separating the good players from the bad.
  8. Scan

The cloak works fine really. As soon as you realize it only renders you invisible if they aren't looking for you.

Still, when do know you are there, it makes you harder to see. People claiming it's easier to shoot a cloaked INF, than a uncloaked one are talking BS. My cloak often buys me that 1 second I need to line up the headshot, or jump out of line of sight.

True enough if seen, we're in a world of crap. But then again, we do instantly kill people from any range, with just one bullet.....it's not like they have any defense against that. :)