Events Are Taking The Fun Out Of The Game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Cl1mh4224rd

Cheaters don't care about their empire...
  2. ABATTLEDONKEY

LOL!!! and we have another example of what is ruining the modern FPS genre. Queue frustration is understandable, I hate them as well, but everything else is an example of how you dont want to put forth ANY effort, or brain power into your games, and just want a mindless shooter.

Pressure to perform better? there is no pressure, its just about having fun while playing to a new objective. There is nothing more. You wont get a fancy COD ribbon or BF3 dog tag for getting it. Its just an event ad some XP.

frustration from loosing? seriously? you loose! it happens. you are NOT the best player in the world, and are certainly not good enough to overcome any deficiencies that your teammates have. you win some, and you loose some.

burnt out? I think you take these things WAYYY to seriously, especially considering how LITTLE effort you wish to input into the game. Just relax, enjoy the exact same game that you always play, and enjoy the opportunity to play on other continents that are otherwise under populated.
    • Up x 1
  3. RachelGomez

Alerts are awesome.
  4. Crashsplash

I've participated in a few.

I've quite enjoyed them and I enjoyed the extra XP too.

However, everytime I seem to log on there's another ****ed event going. Sometimes I just want to play Planetside.

However, my main concern is that they happen too often and in the long run Planetside becomes Eventside. The ultimate point of the game is global conquest not winning an event 'round'. I know we don't have global conquest as yet and in it's absence that makes the events running as often as they do tolerable in the short term.
  5. Being@RT

Well, at times it won't even let you into the queue and you sit there clicking the button to get into queue. SOE needs to fix that.
  6. Czuuk

R U SIRIUS?
  7. Timithos

I just don't agree with the event triggers. So far it's just, "which continent's turn is it next?", and "oh it's off-peak hours. Let's have more alerts." How fair is it when a continent has be capped by an empire and an event triggers for that continent?? Or a server with a certain empire consistently has more territory on a certain continent?

I think low continent populations, yet balanced populations should trigger events. If population on a lightly populated continent reaches within 2-3 percentage points of 33/33/34%, then an event should trigger. (unrelated to whether it is peak or off-peak hours.)

And balanced populations & territory control should trigger events. If territory control on a lightly populated continent reaches within 2-3 percentage points of 33/33/34%, then an event should also trigger.

On our server, I think Indar events should be rare. There shouldn't be equal promotion for fighting on Indar as that is not really necessary.
  8. Ultimatestormer

I love these. Even on Helios, you can still find battles on the oh-so-great (sarcasm) Indar while alerts are going on, it just makes it so you can find battles elsewhere. Sometimes my outfit simply says to keep fighting on Indar to regain a foothold, sometimes they say go fight where the alert is, it all depends. I'm sure you can make decesions like the leadership of my outfit can. If you want to fight on Indar, you still can, if you want to fight where the alerts are, go fight there. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from still having free will. On a different note, people said they want getting certs to be easier, SOE gives you an answer that only requires the player to switch continents, or sometimes do nothing at all! What do the forums do? Whine whine whine. There is nothing forcing you to do anything, so don't act like there is.