EU servers still in a pitiful state(and what can we do to help?)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by pnkdth, Dec 27, 2014.

1. pnkdth

This is getting quite old. I could handle 100ms if it wasn't so unstable all the time. Right now it goes up between 30ms to 400ms making things like class abilities a liability(the cloak and med kits especially). It gets real bad during larger fights. You end up taking all damage at once, and all kinds of weird stuff.

Getting to the point where I don't log in anymore, and not because I do not want to(this game is awesome when it runs well) but because I know it is going to be a very frustrating experience.

I know we're kinda beating a dead horse at this point... But it is nearly impossible to get my friends to stay with the game. They don't have the same time invested, thus needs more of a hook to make them stay.

Lastly;

Is there anything at all we, the players, can do to help?
  2. MonnyMoony

Cobalt has been suffering from massive lag spikes and disconnects for days.......pretty much since the last update.

It's close to unplayable at the moment.
  3. Noktaj

Miller 28/12 (or 12/28 for those who can't bear day-month-year date ) 00.05 CET, indar 130-250ms ping, esamir 60ms

aaaaand we are back to crap ^^

:rolleyes:
  4. travbrad

It's happening on the US servers too (connery and emerald). Most of the day it's fine then as soon as primetime hits and there are more players the pings start to get really laggy and random.

Even playing with 200 ping might not be so bad if it was consistent, but the problem is it constantly fluctuates between 100-300 ping.
  5. Merakov

Im on Miller and ...
    1.Lag issues - 50-500+ lag spikes
    2.FPS issues - Random drop in fps to 6-8 for few seconds
    3.Desync - Players and vehicles warp through the map
    4.Disconnect issues - have been disconnected on few occasions after a really strong lag spike

1.It NOT my connection - I have no lag / latency issues in other games or speedtest.net
    2.I have NOT made any changes that can drop the performance
    3.I did NOT have this until last patch .Enabling or disabling HPET doesnt help either
    4.First time to be disconnected without my connection being the cause of it.
    I just dont have any words to describe my frustration....Just when finaly the holidays came I didnt have to go to work and I was thinking that I can farm up some directives and certs this **** happens and on top of everything SOE stays silent and doesnt say ****.SOE say something..seriously.EU servers in pitiful state ? Thats way too kind to describe this
  6. Fauxpas

This utter ********. The entire Christmas after the patch has been about disconnect and lag issues on SoE's end, and Sony tech have apparently gone for holidays after forcing in a bad patch they wouldn't roll back. I've now been disconnected from Cobalt 4 times within less than an hour, utterly ruining the gameplay.

I, reluctantly, accepted Christmas as a valid yet arbitrary reason for bad service that I've paid for, but it hasn't been Christmas for two days now.

Furthermore, we were promised alerts early this week, and they still aren't there. I'm on the verge of demanding a refund, but still slightly inclined to accept more subscription time on top of what I have left - based on the time we don't have the alerts and the disconnects haven't been resolved.
  7. Fauxpas

Yeap, it's funny how a huge entertainment company doesn't seem to know anything about customer relations and the meaning of communication. Of course, this is rampant in gaming business, but it has also taken a lot projects down. When trust is lost, it's gone, and MMOs are masively social business - people talk about how they feel, and that reflects in $$.
  8. MonnyMoony

I'm pretty annoyed.

I don't get to play the game for more than an hour or two at weekends these days - and so I have been saving a 3 day XP boost for Christmas when I knew i'd get a few days to myself to really get into the game again.

I activated the boost - yet have been unable to capitalise due to the lag spikes and disconnects and so it's been pretty much wasted.
  9. mer1c

Same. What aggravates me the most is that there's no single response on any platform regarding what's causing the issue or when it will be fixed!

That's how the ping was for me today...

[IMG]

Thanks for a another great holiday weekend!
  10. Colonelveers12

Be happy, at least you don't have a consistent ping of several thousand when you play the game......
  11. pnkdth

Just logged onto Miller, 8000-9000 ping.
  12. Azarga

Miller, about 10 minutes ago.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Bonom Denej

Same here, wanted to play but 1500 ms ping right now.
  14. Pootisman

The weird thing is: Even with low pings like 80ms and "good" connection quality, enemies are sometimes rubberbanding. Its pretty hard to hit such enemies.
  15. pnkdth

Yeah, I wondered about that too so I checked the ping for longer periods even with 50-60ms, and there are random intervals where it goes up to 300ms. A stable ping of 100, while not great, is still reasonable since most are on an even playing field, but it seems things are going up and down quite frequently which creates a sub par gaming experience.
  16. Acceleratio

I like how it looks like a wierd smily ^^

Aside that, same problems here and it stopped beeing funny a long long time ago
  17. Orakel

Christmas passed ;) seems just SOE still got christmas time xD since 10 days no patch or hotfix ..... awesome ^^