[EU] Merge servers = better game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AccelPrime, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Zombekas

Well I hope not, cause that's just being resource-cheap ಠ_ಠ
  2. IamDH

If we merge two servers together, where would the new server location be located? Just a question out of curiosity

Because that would result in a big ms difference
  3. Zombekas

I don't want to go into technical details but you don't really fuse 2 physical machines into 1, you connect them with high speed LAN and just make each physical server run a sub-server of a virtual gameserver.

(Or you can actually transfer physical server components from one server to another but that requires non-standard hardware and I doubt SOE would go through the trouble of doing that)

And if there's a high latency between the 2 physical servers that makes all sorts of problems. So that really only works if the servers are close to each other. Where would that be, I have no idea. I don't even know where they're located now :D
  4. Santondouah

OK so you count the bases that are not even possible to be fought for. You should start a career in politics.

Moreover it seems that you made your counting slightly before 4:26PM. That's totally in european prime time -> start a career in politics. FYI some people do not only play PS2, they work too. That makes them only able to play after 7 or 8PM. THAT's prime time.
    If you want to play during the day, just go to Briggs (AU).

You make your little speech just not to answer my post because obviously you are out of arguments to counter this. Proof : you are giving totally irrelevant data to make your point -> start a career in politics. You're very good not to answer a question and to involve data that does not prove anything. See you soon in game.
  5. Astriania

Last weekend there were times that Miller had queues for all three continents. Last night, a weeknight not in double XP time any more, there was a queue for Indar and fights (12-24 mostly) on both other continents.
  6. IamDH

Thanks. If the merge ever does happen, the server name should be Woodman because its epic
  7. iRepair

This is also known as putting servers in "raid". Raid 0, raid 3, etc.
  8. Kaesarr

This game is good during alerts and peak times.

Out of peak time is a ghost town.

Does the merge address the problem of ghost towns in off peak? if yes I am in.

I have unsubbed just today after 1 year membership. After a merge I would probably resub.

Ceres player here.
  9. LordMondando

1) There would be queues to get onto the server most prime times.
    2) Likely lot of lag.

Perhaps Ceres and Woodman, but Miller is fine thanks.
  10. raw

Well, Ideally eventually we will have enough continents so that only one server is needed.
  11. Kaesarr

Well if merging means lag, I would avoid.

But if the game is good only during peaktimes for 3 hours a day or so and during alerts, then I don't see the point in membership.

As a free game ok, but I will not pay anymore the monthly fee.

Problem of cues is usually during alerts and always on one continent? people tend to rush all on the continent with big fights.

Maybe before mergin they need to REMOVE or AMEND/MODIFY the alerts.

Why can't we have 3 continents and fun big fights everywhere?

why off peak time is always indarside and always in the same places?

Amerish dies always, and Esamir so and so.

The game is nice, but with more people is better. Evrybody know this.

I had a sensation of less people off peak.