[EU] Merge servers = better game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AccelPrime, Nov 28, 2013.

1. GamingForFun

we had a lot of big fights on esamir yesterday. at least from a nc perspective.
  2. IamDH

This is the moment where i have to act like i know what im talking about when i really dont.

Ports:
    [IMG]

SOE:
    [IMG]

Gotcha. You seem to know these things well enough so you are probably right
  3. Kaesarr

Before merging I would wait Hossin at least first

With more continents merges will become natural.

Also I would like to play with all my Terran Brothers.

Can't they make a server for each continent? would be nicer.

:D
  4. xDeGuerrex

I agree with all.

I also remember the merge with Mallory in april. Good old time. There were a lot of good fights, on all continents.

Ceres became an empty server by June. It was recommendated for news players in July, and we saw a lot of newcomers in my outfit (having language restriction). They didn't stay, game becaming less optimized and with no update. Holidays too probably.

+1 for a merge, but with no lag.
  5. Mastachief

Miller had two pop locks yesterday and it can't cope with the demand it has already. Mergers once the intercontinental lattice is in will be the likely stage for them
  6. bPostal

Miller seems to be fine during prime time, especially with the influx of people (Some of whom even stayed!) who came back for double xp. Of course, during the late night/early morning when the server is dead, it's really dead.
  7. Pikachu

;_;
  8. Backf1re

While this may sound all nice your faction and TR, it does not help us NC. There is not a single server where NC are the better faction, all this would do would worsen our performance as on two fronts we will just get pummelled 24/7.
  9. Zombekas

Well if you merge the servers then sure.
    If you just move everyone from Woodman to Ceres or vice versa then probably no.
  10. Zombekas

WELL I DO >=(
  11. IamDH

? I fail to see the difference
  12. Zombekas

Merging two servers would give the server the performance of both previous servers
  13. IamDH

edit.

Oh i get it now
  14. TerryTenMen

Servers already cant cope, why highlight the problem even more?
  15. AccelPrime

Merging the servers would not have an impact on the issues that we're currently having. There wouldn't be more issues and there wouldn't be less. Merge or not, the servers are in need of an upgrade, right now it feels like someone is @SOE is hosting it from their PC at home :rolleyes:.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zombekas

Since this explanation is quite fuzzy I'll give an example:

You have servers A and B

Server A has 16GB RAM and runs on a 4 core 3GHz CPU and has 20 active players
    Server B has 32GB RAM and runs on a 6 core 3GHz CPU and has 30 active players

The servers merge, server now has *almost* 48GB RAM and *almost* the equivalent of a 10 core 3GHz CPU, with 50 active players.
  17. JackD

Talk about your server. Cobalt is fine. It is also good to have the option to leave the Indar 48+/48+ zergfest once in a time to play in battles that are fun.
  18. JackD

You shouldnt talk about this if you really think this is how a server merge works.
  19. Riku

Don't they just "merge" the database entries slash respective servers of characters into one, so it all runs on one?
  20. Zombekas

It should work like that if ProSieben1 owns all servers. Especially if they're close to each other where LAN would add no significant extra latency.

While I don't really know how PS2 server files work in particular, any decent programmer would make the server merge-compatible.