[EU] Merge servers = better game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AccelPrime, Nov 28, 2013.

1. iRepair

Try playing WoW, then, with many thousands of players on one server.
  2. Bankrotas

Only thing I wouldn't trust would be SOE maintenence of that EU server :/

And can you think of remaking all the outfit alliances again? God that would be pain, but a growing pain least.
  3. Prudentia

oh yes feed new farm into the grind that is INI elite, Daddy, LazyTR, Artorius, Seb, Snowfake, MercenarYs (i'm sure i forgot about half of them) H4lf aka Miller
    i'd also like the Cobalt NC for myself, i need more certs. tough i guess most players would get used to the overcompetitive scene of Miller
  4. GamingForFun

You are not.i like organized fights against smaller or bigger outfits.
    but you will never find a fight platoon vs platoon. randoms follow platoons like a plaque.
    i found fights on esamir and amerish against smaller squads and during alerts i saw some platoons trying to safe biolabs with mass drops, but thats it. randoms will always follow the big fights, but thats not only a population problem , its a lattice one.

anyway. im sure if we would merge with cobalt maybe, we would gain more organized outfits (of course also more zerg players) and therefore more awesome fights on the abandoned continents.
    the normal zerg players tries to find a fight on indar and if its full on esamir. therefore the chance is high enough that we can at least play on amerish organized gameplay. but thats probably just an illusion^^
    but nowadays we already do interfaction events on ceres ( last time on amerish) and its pretty decent. we do have another interfaction event on this friday, just remember if we would play on a continent full with organied outfits?

im voting for a merge , just for the small chance of playing agaist outfits regularly instead of mindless zergs.
  5. Riku

Depends on the Server. I play on Woodman and Waterson. I have to say that Waterson 2-3 hours before (Waterson) prime time is way more full than Woodman, which barely has a queue on Indar during (Woodman) peak times. (I considered the time zone difference between the two servers).

So yeah, any server with pop problems...I say YES to merges.

Wanna know what I think?
    I think they want to optimize Amerish and Esamir and add lattice to Amerish first before merging. Makes sense, because those will be the continents filled by the merge. I'm not one to say that "the game dies", but for so many months (except the xp week) there was only action on Indar out of alerts...Indar. Indar Indar Indar. I LOVE Amerish. I didn't play there for so long...

Woodman doesn't have high pop at all, and Indar queues during prime time. So no, Indar zergs wouldn't get bigger. All it would achieve it that Esamir and Amerish also get full, which is my dream...
  6. GamingForFun

@riku: how is the balance between the 3 factions on woodman? its another thing im worried about. ceres is pretty balanced right now, but with barely good organized fights its probably worth nothing
  7. GamingForFun

8. AccelPrime

I wouldn't be able to wait for the dev team to both optimize & add lattice to Amerish/Esamir, it's not something we can be certain that we'll see in 2014... There's so much stuff on the roadmap, but they should make having players on all three continets their priority, otherwise what's the point of not having just Indar?
  9. Santondouah

Population is already high enough:
    1. Queues to enter Indar are already common.
    2. During alerts Esamir sees queues appear from time to time.
    3. Even Amerish required to wait to enter yesterday during the Tech Plant alert.
    4. Zergs Zergs Zergs Zergs.
    5. Enough 48+ fights (I hate big fights, impossible to do relevant coordinated actions with only 5-6 players).

With this it is already quite difficult for all members of my outfit to meet and play together so I don't wanna see the population further increase.

Esamir and Amerish will not magically become more interesting if you increase the population. A lot of people wants to play only on Indar (I personnaly hate Indar, especially since WG did not rotate for such a long time). More population only means more/longer queues (especially for non members) and thus frustrated people and finally more people quitting the game.

Nevertheless I agree that VS are underpopulated on Ceres and I guess that this is the reason why you would agree to such a merge.
  10. Riku

Indar haters who play on Indar.
    There's more of them than you think. In fact, most people I play with on Indar don't like Indar - which is usually the only option if you want some action.
    With merges, those players would leave Indar, while new Indar fans would go there. I don't think the queue would drastically increase. I at least don't play on Indar if I can avoid it.

Also remember that Woodman was one of the servers who were never merged. Miller should see a similar pop as Woodman, perhaps a bit higher (it was the last one to be the only recommended server). I think every merged server has more population than Woodman and Miller, and it seems to me that all US servers have more population than EU.
  11. AccelPrime

1. Queues are 1-4 people, at most. If you're a subscriber there are never any lines in which you have to wait :rolleyes:.
    2. Never seen a queue on Esamir, i've played almost every night @prime time for the past 3-4 weeks.
    3. This game is about large battles, that's what it advertises itself as. If you want to play with 5-6 people, go play CoD, that's where small numbers shine.
    4. VS aren't underpopulated on Ceres, what are you talking about :confused:?
    5. I'm not sure what internal problems your outfit has, but I doubt anyone outside of your outfit cares if you cannot organize yourselves properly...
    6. You keep talking about queues which are, as I said before, never more than 1-4 people.

Wether you find Esamir & Amerish interesting or not is your personal opinion. In the end, even if the general consensus does not find either of those continents as interesting as they find Indar, the variety & freedom of choice would be absolutely fantastic, and you cannot use queues as an argument against that :p.
  12. Santondouah

By the way, if you are a Ceres player, this:

is pure lie, unless you play at fancy hours.
  13. NightmareP69

I'd like to see a merge alot too, Ceres and Woodman would be a good combo, Ceres would finally have VS outfits who are organized and care about alerts and Woodman TR would finally get TR who are organized and care about alerts and we could finally have 48+ fights every day on Esamir and Amersih and not just the same fights over and over again at Bluff Tower and Indar excavation site on Indar
    • Up x 1
  14. AccelPrime

I don't understand what you're trying to state, please be more clear.
  15. Santondouah

Please actually read me before answering me, moron.

1. Queues are 1-4 people for members. Non-members is more 30 or 40 people (57 yesterday when I logged in at 7PM GMT +1). And I did not play during double XP weekend, when it may have been worse.
    2. Maybe you stick your a** on Indar among Vanu zergs, that's why you never saw a queue on Esamir.
    3. I want to make coordinated actions with the few people of my outfit that are online among a bigger battle, not do 6 vs. 6. BTW I would go to CS, CoD is pure sh*t. Please don't be an idiot by answering "get in a bigger outfit". I am not interested in outfit where I barely know everybody.
    4. VS has always a >10% lower population than NC/TR and this topic has been often brought on these forums. Denying it would turn you once again into a lier. IMO they are not underpop but a lot of VS players think so. See : http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/?world_id=11&zoom=1
    5. Why the f**k do you talk about internal problems in my outfit ? Being out of arguments does not give you the right to say irrelevant (and moreover false) stuff to make a point.
    6. I had no 6th point in my post.

I would be very happy to see as many people on Esamir/Amerish as Indar. I love these two continents. But merging servers is absolutely not the solution (and is actually a very bad idea).

Finally 100 vs. 100 fights can be found on Indar and it is such a mess I'm glad it is keeping rare at the moment. The only point in such fight can be to farm -> WHOA SO INTERESTING.
  16. Santondouah

There are A LOT OF BATTLES with more than 12v12 players. Just open your eyes. Please make screenshots tonight to make your point. And not at 1AM. Can't wait to see it.
  17. sm1thay

I don't like 48vs 48 battles or even zerg gameplay at all. I'm on one of the lowest pop servers( Ceres) and the action is fine, there is always a good fight on Indar and Esimir to be had, and sometimes some action on Amerish. With continent locking the variety will only improve, there is no need to jam as many people as possible into as small a space as possible.
    • Up x 1
  18. ironeddie

If its this quiet now with only three continents what's it going to be like when they add hossin & others? I wouldn't mind a server merge, I think it'll be forced sooner or later.
  19. AccelPrime

Begin an argument with an insult, end it with one eh? I'll just ignore you after this, as it is more than obvious you have a hard time formulating your thoughts without being offensive to others. As for the points I responded to, which you clearly did not understand, please refer to reading your own points first, and then the ones I responded to. I think that will help you understand.

I'll leave you with this; While there may be a 48v48 battle on two bases, there's 0v0 on 15 other bases. Does that sound good to you? And that's just on Indar, the only continent you can find 48v48 battles...
  20. AccelPrime

I guess you must spend so much time on empty Esamir that you forgot what the continent was called, but even if that isn't the case, i'd love for you to log in tonight at primetime and look on Esamir and Amerish. You'll find a 12v12 on Esamir, if you're lucky a 24v24 and Amerish will dead. There's too few players to fill the massive maps that PS2 has, if not the players playing on the servers can prove it, the factual numbers can!
  21. GamingForFun

yeah calm down, just discuss this without insulting each other^^

im a nc player and we had qeues up to 60 players.
    on esamir i saw such a qeue only because of an alert and sometimes during prime time , but it was just a small qeue.
    anyway , it doesnt happen that often and as we already said before, SOE probably lowered the population cap on each continent.
    i mean come on....it would be crazy if we have more than 4000 players actively playing the game at the same time. i saw that many players back in january or during double xp back then. but nowadays? im not sure if we should believe that.

with that said. people always fighting at the same stations, but more pop wont change it, even lower pop would force most of those guys to the same place again, thats what it is with the lattice system and people with their grind behaviour.
    but with another merge , we will also get organized outfits, and thats what you should aiming for if u wanna play this game on another level and not just logging in and play against randoms squad and think your the boss without even using special tactis.

ceres only gets better with more organized outfits and i dont see them comin from nowhere. i know some people are already satisfyed but i want more competition.