EU Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MuldoonX9, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MuldoonX9 Developer

Issue appears resolved, but we might be testing later. Please report any connectivity issues here:

So unfortunately we cancelled our test as we ran into a few issues. We will probably be rescheduling it much later, if at all. If you experience any connectivity issues, be sure to post here about it. Thanks to all of you who have helped and were willing to help. :)

These are the older, outdated posts for posterity:

Hello,

I'm currently looking into the EU connection issues. These are the ones where it looks like you successfully log into the warpgate, but nothing works. You can't interact with the terminals and in a bit you are disconnected. I've made some headway, but I need your help with this. The best way is for me to get your game's logs.

If you go into your UserOptions.ini (which should be in C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2), and add these two lines to it:

[Logging]
    localloglevel=5

The same location should generate a new folder called Logs and it will start logging a bunch of important things I need to look at. I'm pretty sure it wipes the logs every time you start up the game again, so you only need it to happen once. So when you get the above issue (terminals don't work and it disconnects you), you should go to the log folder and zip it up and private message it to me. In addition, if you can post the time this happened (with time zone) as well as your character name and station account name, it would really help. When you're done, you can remove the logging lines from your ini.
    Thanks,
    Alex

Edit: Decided you guys should just private message me the logs, instead of posting them here. Edited the above to reflect that.

Update! Alright guys, I have plenty of logs. Thanks for those! The problem happens somewhere in between the login server and the gateway server. It seems you guys are logging in successfully, but the gateway isn't getting you. The gateway will eventually time you out and you disconnect.

We might need more volunteers later. Will update if needed.

Update again: Alright guys, I think we found the issue. A network card (NIC) in one of the gateway machines seems to have been busted. The machines have primary and secondary card, and that's why it wasn't failing all the time, not to mention there are a bunch of gateway machines.

So we've shut down that NIC and we think the issue is resolved. We might turn that card on tomorrow (and only that card) to make sure that it is broken. So I might need some volunteers tomorrow.

As always, if the issue pops back up, please reply or PM me with the details of the failure.

And finally, a big thank you to everyone who offered to help and everyone who sent me logs. You guys really helped a lot and I'm very happy for it! :)

Good Afternoon/Evening EU players,

We're about to do some testing on the gateways and I need some volunteers again. What I'll need you to do is when I say so, try logging in 5 times again. If you log in fine, log out and back in until you hit 5 tries. If you experience the issue, pm me with your server and character name. Either way, post here if you get issues or if you get in fine.

Thanks again for your time.
    • Up x 17
  2. Khalum

Was just about to gather these logs as I've had this issue all day yesterday. This morning, no problem at all getting in.
    The server I tried is Miller. Maybe it's due to the server being pretty much empty right now, but that's ofc just speculation.
    There was another 40Mb download for me today, just like yesterday, but as you don't tell us what you did there, I can not
    comment on that.

Also, the location for the UserOptions.ini is in the Planetside 2 root directory. That may be the location you provided, but I
    assume for most people it isn't. If anyone wants to try this, just check your desktop shortcut for PS2, it shows the actual
    directory your game is located in.
  3. shd

I never had this issue before the mini patch today. I managed to get through my characters for the passive certs, the game worked every second log in but now it doesn't work at all anymore. Can't access terminals, abilities don't work, can't shoot stuff but can hear people via voice, get status messages and map works until i get dc'ed. Woodman and Miller.
  4. kontari

Same problem after 40 mb patch today
    • Up x 1
  5. Torok

This thread is almost passing unnoticed, thanks Muldoon for your work hope you can fix it ASAP, we really need help lol, logging in is a challenge everytime since 4,5 days already.
  6. Sliced

I Don't have a useroptions.ini file.
    I deleted mine a few months ago and it never came back. As it's never effected my game play I've never worried about it.
    This happened last night, Around 10ish I believe (GMT).
    As you can see there is some network traffic getting through, just not enough. If I log out it will get to 32% but they loading bar will progress in an endless loop until I use Task Manager.
  7. S7rudL

There is a folder called Logs and a file called LoggingFailure, I zipped them both.

I have sent you 3 separate folders with 3 separate logs, in 2 of them the terminals do not work, in the other one they do perfectly fine, they are labeled accordingly. I have also put the time and location in the text file.

PS2 sometimes randomly selects the bad route or something and vice versa, so starting the game repeatedly until it works.

Thank you so much!
    PS. The game plays ridiculously smooth on massive 48+ battles, good job.

Attachment: Sent via conversation(PM) , multiupload.
  8. PraxisMajor

Thanks for looking into this.

I haven't had the problem yet myself, but other guys in the outfit have.
    Will add the logging in case it happens.
  9. Artifex78

This happened to me out of nowhere before the big update (roughly a week or so earlier). I was hoping it will vanish after the big update but it did not.

My problem looked like this:
    As described above, no working terminals. I could move around and I could see other characters but the warpgate looked a lot emptier than usual. My BR was 0 but I received my passive Certs. Map wasn't working either (Instant Action countdown counted down and then nothing happened).

I wasn't looking into the problem for a while because I didn't have time to play anyway and at the same time many people where complaining about problems with the EU servers. So I just hoped it would vanish on its own.
    After OMFG went live and the problem still there, I actively searched for a solution. I don't know if it's only a coincidence but what worked for me was to add the PS2 folder to Avast scan exclusion list. I sort of remembered the only thing I changed before my PS2 stopped working was to remove the ps2.exe from the list because I read on the forums the false positive problem is fixed. I had no problems with Avast catching any PS2 files after that. It was only try and error. That's the only thing I've changed and it work immediately, that's why I am mentioned it.

Please mind that the test server worked perfectly fine all the time (and the folder is not on the exclusion list).

If it happens again I'll activate the log.
  10. Sörre

11. Prodigal

I'm also having this since yesterday's patch. Which files exactly do you need me to send you?
  12. Tiedemann

You post isn't showing up in the launcher or the SOE Post Tracker. Might be a good idea to fix it so more ppl see it?
    • Up x 3
  13. SebDollar

Thank you so much for looking into this!!

As many stated, it started a couple of days before the big patch, and with no worning (no hotfix or anything)
    It seems that not all people are affected by this, but once you get it once, You got it. Some outfit mates only started having the problem yesterday, while i've had it for 5-6 days. And You won't have the problem everytime you login, and it seems to be character specific. At times it will fail to log me in to my NC, but TR goes through perfectly on the same server, then if I try my NC right after it still doesn't work. And sometimes it's the other way around.
    Some more details about the issue:
    • Everyone in the warpgate will be frozen in place, but sometimes they will all move in small bursts - as if for a brief moment there was a connection to the server and their position got updated.
    • The map will be properly updated, with where the big fights are, and when bases flip.
    • You will still recieve squad invites in this state, but they cant be accepted, and in the chatlog, you will see the normal stuff like base captures and friends logging in and out. Alerts will also act like nothings wrong, ie. the timer will be in the top right corner with the correct time left on the alert.
    • When Your ingame, and look at your stats page in the menu, It will show 0 for all stats, ie. BR0 0 kills, 0 deaths and so on. Your Cert count and SC count will be like normal though.
    • Sometimes, but not all of the times, the login loading screen will get stuck for up to several minutes at 98%
    • Logging out of the server while in the bad state will give you a stuck loading screen as will, seemingly indefinately (didn't wait more than a minute or two until I killed the process)

Here's a quick video from 2 days ago showcasing most of the above

You shall recieve a log from me if I encounter the problem again.
  14. MaxDamage

This bug is crazy annoying.
    I logged in 5 times before it loaded properly.

Also happened before main patch for me too, but only very recently.
  15. Sk8r2k10

PM'd.

Hope it helps!
  16. JonboyX

Ahhh. I've been having this a fair bit. Randomly restarting etc. helped, as did that 40mb patch that came down last night.
    I will send over any log files if it plays up again.
  17. VonStalin

It still can be fun :D
    • Up x 1
  18. LordMondando

This definitely predates PU01.

Will try and capture a lot of it later, as its happening quite often for me.
  19. Bindlestiff

As others have said, this was definitely happening pre PU01.

I took a video when it happened - apparently the game thought I was at Eisa Tech Plant when I logged in, not the warpgate. People were popping in and out in front of me, I guess those were the people actually at the Tech Plant? The time specific prompts from the announcer were also being played, so as far as the game was concerned, I was at Eisa Tech but what was being displayed to me was a mixture of warpgate and Tech Plant.

None of the terminals or people reacted to anything I did. After about 2-3 minutes of this, the "You have been disconnected" message appeared and I was booted off.

I'll see if I still have the vid.
  20. blueangleofdeath

Thanks for investigating this. I tweeted this problem about 24 hours ago. After receiving no response for a few hours I decided to fix it. I just deleted the old ini file and that solved it. That worked for the miller server.