ESRL rebalance?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TR5L4Y3R, Mar 14, 2017.

1. TR5L4Y3R

so i went an tested all the awailable rocketlaunchers and personaly i find the default and low cost RL`s
    to be actualy somewhat lacking
    and this is realy only abot those ... the other RL´s for a 1000 certs do a good job in their function i find so i´m not gonna touch those

but i think the default dumbfire, the A2G lock on and the Vehicle lock ons may could use some changes

so as RL´s overall are generaly non lock weapons do generaly more dmg than lock on yet still these lock ons i´m talking about have dumbfireoption
    as of their current state i feel
    the default dumpfire is realy only useful as an antimex weapon because against a lightning or MBT you simply won´t survive at closer ranges and
    and both A2G and AV Lock feel like only being effective if run by at least 3 people
    and in many fights i expience i find it often the case to have that ammount of HA´s lacking ...

so what i think could be done without making these weapons to powerfull or render the other options obsolete
    is:
    give the default dumpfire a slight velocity buff when ADS .. the dmg is more than fine but realy hitting targets from range with its low velocity and high projectiledrop is realy difficult to do especialy against moving targets and realy against moving targets in air at higher altitudes ..

as for A2G and AV lock maybe allow their dumpfire to do a tier more dmg than their lock on mode .. their general projectile velocity seems manageable so it would be nice to reward the player that choses not to lockon on but still manages a hit

what do you guys think about these ideas ? do you have suggestions of your own or do you want another RL be changed aswell?

on a sidenote realy for a dumpfire weapon i found the masamune to be quite effective and manageable against airtargets especialy with its laserguidence in ads .. so i base my change suggestions on that weapon however without wanting to render it worse than those weapons ..
    also people that play a more antiarmor role may consider to run rockebelt in their loadout yes you sacrefice surviveability lacking flakarmor but it gives you that more capacity against armor especialy when engineers aren´t with you all the time ... or you needing to take out that pesky vehicle no one else seems to wanna touch ... cause remember as obviously as that is ... mines, c4 and vehicles cost nanites ... rockets don´t ..
  2. TR5L4Y3R

can i just say that i hate the edittimer in this forum? ... like WHY is it limited? for what reason?
  3. Eternaloptimist

Not so sure about that. Selecting the damaged or dumb pilot is good for results and I often find that air targets under AA fire from anything else (not just other ESRLs) make good pickings.

Not sure if bigger damage from the dumbfire option would make a big difference but hey, I'm up for it. I get regular aircraft kills with my G2A lock-on but rarely, if ever, do I get a ground target kill with it.