ESF Update Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jan 8, 2014.

1. EmperorPenguin5

Omg Selentic replied here.... Hey SOE listen up, if you make him happy you just might start getting some of those aces back.
    • Up x 1
  2. gregfox89

You're putting MORE lockons in the game? Jesus Christ SOE I can't even...
    • Up x 8
  3. LightningWolfTigrBer

Why is that weird? Why do high skill floors bother you? And yes, I do want it to be like that, some of us like a challenge, and dumbing things down only takes the fun out of it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gheeta

http://3.bp.************/-sJJDxcXZbXA/UO2z-0H1guI/AAAAAAAAAC0/fD6Y26KnjOk/s1600/Facepalm.png
    • Up x 8
  5. ShureShot

At first glance I read 'Looking forward to lock on shower on Indar'.

And yeah, that would have been a fair comment as well.

I don't know how much the extra information, possibilities to dodge and passive radar are going to change. Right now, it just feels so random. Lock on is being acquired, should I flare or ... Boom ... oh well nevermind, it already hit me. One of the nice 'features' of clientside hit detection is that it doesn't really matter what happens on your end, it all comes down to what happens on the other players' screen. Even if you flare before impact, if you didn't flare before impact on his screen, you're screwed.

So basically moar lock ons, now also A2G. Cool, sounds like this game is almost ready for MLG.
    • Up x 1
  6. RogueVindicare

Alright, fine. Allow me to ask you this.

If you could have either the general effective range, or effective power of AA reduced, which would you want, and why?
  7. BodyBagCowboy

No, really. Go unlock some A2AMs and try to shoot down an ace ESF pilot in a dogfight. Really. Try it.

Hint : You will get rolled like a shoolchild in a dark alleyway
    • Up x 2
  8. DeadliestMoon

High skill floors bothers me because it's like the popular click in high school, exclusive. When instead it should be accessible to everyone from the very beginning. If a completely new player can be just as competitive at infantry and vehicle combat as a veteran player then why can't it be the same for aircraft? There's nothing wrong with a challenge every now and then, but sometimes you have to realize that the challenge can be too tough without the proper tools to learn how to get better. Why is it that you only want exceptionally good players only to play in the air? Is it for bragging rights?
    • Up x 4
  9. ZeroErrorz

well maybe the engangement radar should not ocupy the utility slot or ,the flare shoudnt ocupy any slot at all and made as a passive system slot either one of them or BOTH of them must not ocupy a slot since both are essential to survival and could increase the use of fire suppresion and the scout radar

as for the mass driver i think the problem with them is that they are DUMBFIRE which could make them a new version of the lolpod right now, capable to engange anything it could hit

also the locust cannon should be made with 300/200 mag size and 850 rpm while only having 125 or 90 damage with a a2a missile reticule, this way esf actualy will do straving run on infantry target while i think to balance it out heavy vehicle like the lib and mbt should have some strong resistance against them ill say one mag will only enought for 10-15 percent of their health, as for esf and harrasher i think they could be another use for the locust cannon, also i dont mind if this is made for AI nosegun since the airhammer is kinda useless in a big fight right now
    • Up x 2
  10. TheBand1t

do you think every good pilot in this game started out being amazing? no, they started at the bottom of the barrel and clawed their way to the top. why the **** would you want to drag probably the only remotely 'skillful' (using that term lightly because nothing in this game is at all is really skillful) thing down?
    • Up x 6
  11. DeadliestMoon

Counter question: if it was so hard for you, why wouldn't you want to make it easier for those who'll come after you?
  12. CDN_Wolvie

I too would like to see stealth vs radar addressed in the game.

Also, if stealth could have some impact on making a vehicle engine noise quieter, that would make stealth worth certing past the first rank to me, the certification for stealth is pretty much front loaded in its utility as fractions of a second vs lock ons has little appreciable value in my experience and I feel I have wasted my certs getting more than rank 1 of Stealth for a vehicle. Currently, with my headset, I can track enemy vehicles with almost pinpoint accuracy and accurately judge distance to that vehicle by the sound their engine makes, this is especially troubling from the perspective of a Flash driver even if they are Infiltrator cloaked as it doesn't take much to take them out once I or others hear them coming.
  13. TheBand1t

Probably because it's an amazing feeling to realize you got to the top with your own mettle, not because the game coddled you.

This might come as a shock but some people really dig higher skill competitive stuff that can be hard to learn, it makes it rewarding and feels great when you finally get it all down.
    • Up x 12
  14. Gheeta

Ok here is Ace v Ace before the lock on buff that came with PU2, note that you can not dodge them any more. The one using the lock on's won the recent tournament, the one who is recording came second. Both of these pilots considers A2A missiles extremely overpowered.

Oh and if MattiAce happens to read this i hope you make an example video for this guy with the current lock on mechanics.
    • Up x 1
  15. DeadliestMoon

Not all people.

• Up x 1
  16. LightningWolfTigrBer

Which is exactly what they should be doing, and exactly what I suggested they do, implementing better "tools to learn how to get better". And I've already stated why I feel the proposed changes will do nothing to lower the skill floor.

I don't want only ace pilots in the air, I just want those willing to put in the hard knocks to become a great pilot, same as I have. And this is coming from someone who is anything but an ace, I'm far from being good, but I don't expect the developers to dumb down their game just to cater to my low skill-level. It's far more rewarding and satisfying to work and sweat for my victories rather than have them handed to me.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheBand1t

You mean ****ters who don't want to put in the time to improve themselves, right? I don't want to sound elitist but that is all I'm getting out of you - 'it's hard to do unlike the rest of the game, please dumb it down to the mud like everything else!'

It's perfectly fine for a game to have an aspect that's harder to master, you know.
    • Up x 8
  18. Mouse75

Can't say I'm exactly thrilled about more lock-ons in the game, sounds like the exact opposite direction of where the game should be going. What really bothers me, however, is SOEs apparent distaste for the Air game in general. You claim to want to improve the quality of the air game yet reduce the usefulness of ESF afterburners and then proceed to present the attachable Afterburners as some sort of remedy (even though the proposed changes to the attachable AB fail to address one of the biggest pleas from pilots: higher top burn speed with the AB). So, I suppose my only real question is: where are you actually getting your "feedback" from?
    • Up x 4
  19. Luighseach

Yeah I think the current Stealth is actually only good at max rank with makes you not show up on the mini-map unless you fire. Since in some dogfights you might go in a turning battle and for a split second lose the enemy and if he hasn't fired then you might lose his sight.

But yeah I would love to see more Rock/Paper/Scissors kinda things in the game.
    • Up x 1
  20. BodyBagCowboy

Invalid evidence. Current lock on usage is bugged. Everyone knows that try again.