ESF Rotaries.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by grazr, Jan 19, 2014.

1. grazr

Is it just me or has the rotary just been made... not good.

I mean i realise it was nerfed against infantry and armour and rightly so. That's not my complaint. But recently i'm just finding it difficult to apply any sort of significant damage to enemy ESF's with it as well. Supposedly the damage tick issue was resolved in a recent patch that solves the issue of high RoF weapons appearing to deal more hits than they actually do, yet when i spray half a vortek clip into an ESF and then various bursts of damage during evasive manouvres only to die and it flies away with 75% health i'm left only with questions. Was i not hitting it as much as the HUD implied, is the nerf from 500 damage to 320 a bigger tangible change than i realised. Wasn't the high damage the Reaver's focal advantage?

I've recently swapped back the to mustang for my Reaver and i've gotten plenty of kills, even within a single clip. It even feels more natural to lead. So what the hell, this air superiority nosegun seems to be worthless.

Are other factions having the same problem? Although i realise the distinction between the air superiority nosegun and default was less obvious for TR and VS.
  2. vsae

Yes.
  3. Kurohagane

I myself love the hailstorm. I only use the saron because i already have so many kills on the turbo laser, and wanted to auraxium the saron. Yesterday i switched to the hailstorm for a change, just once, and holy balls when you're used to the deafult noseguns the speed at which it kills is very fast. I was kinda amazed at how quickly it can kill stuff compared to the saron.