ESF Loadout of Choice?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wind_Walker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

TIME FOR ANOTHER SURVEY THREAD!!!

It's pretty straightforward. I'm personally liking the Locust/Hornet combo w/ Flares, Composite armor, and Dog-fighting frame in VR. Reason why is that it feels more like an all-rounder. Still need to try it live to confirm though.

What's your favorite ESF loadout, and why?
  2. Inex

I usually don't run an 'all rounder' build; when I fly it's purpose built.

A2G will naturally be Banshee/Rockets/Flares.
    A2A I go for Needler/Tomcats/Repair. I used to go Rotary/Coyote but since Stealth hard counters Coyotes there's no point.

Generally I'll only pull out the Hornets if I'm Sundy hunting and feel like doing it with a fragile, easy to spot, easy to kill dumpterfire instead of a Harasser. I'm not great with them, but they demand so much more hover time than rockets do so I hardly ever feel the need to even practice with them.

3. CorporationUSA

A2A is stock nosegun and fuel pods, hover, fire suppression, and either NAR or stealth, depending on whether or not I feel like playing a bailout assault.

With A2G the weapons vary, but I always use hover, fire suppression, and stealth, and play as an engineer.
  4. RedArmy

depends on what im doing - but usually its the Banshee nosegun occasionally the needler. and i always run coyotes.
    why coyotes? they do more damage than lolpods and it keeps me competative in the air. aces still woop me, but ive got a chance against others
    dogfighter frame
    fire exstinguisher
    composite armor
  5. DarkStarII

Nose gun: Hailstorm
    Wing mount: Hornets
    Utility: :(
    Defense: Stealth
    Chassis: Racer
  6. McToast

Played for the first time after a one-year break yesterday, ganked a couple of lock-on heroes with Vortek, AB tanks and Stealth (with FS), for the frame I switch around Hover and Racer, can't decide which one I like better, I think Hover.

Airgame is still messed up, I'm a bit surprised that there are still "aces" flying around.
  7. WeRelic

Saron/Hailstorm,
    Afterburners,
    Racer, NAR and fire sup.

It's dedicated A2A, though I do some infantry farming with my nose gun :)