ESF flips when exiting from it

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by EpicGru, Jul 29, 2020.

1. EpicGru

Hello there,

So I've been piloting for quite a while now, and the one thing that bothers me the most is the fact that sometimes ( too offen though) when I exit my ESF ( Schyte) it flips.

I noticed that maybe is because when exiting, the ESF, holds somehow the last movement of the mouse you made just seconds before exiting.

I know this is a known bug, but please fix it.

Thank you!
  2. OneShadowWarrior

I usually get it when I don’t use the hover frame, I learned that the physics will continue your path even when you land, so you have to do what I learned was the swoop, as you go in for your landing in straight, swoop your aircraft around 180, it will take off the momentum.
  3. AlcyoneSerene

The scythe will sometimes decide to flip even after hovering over the ground perfectly still and despite bailing without moving the mouse or pressing any other button. There's definitely a long-standing bug making the scythe less usable in combat scenarios requiring quick landing or hard landings to repair where it tends to suddenly flip and blow up, while reaver and mosquito can be rammed into the ground quite hard without issues. Really counter-intuitive to have a hover gear system that only causes issues like sliding down slopes and flipping as opposed to providing some function like retaining distance above ground in forward flight, or hard stabilized landings on any surface.