ESF Can Have Zoom + Thermal on the same weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Dgross

Saves you 200 certs, so not really that huge a deal, but still a bug that benefits the player.

Pull an ESF, and put thermal vision on the gun and zoom on the other missile weapon (or visa versa).
    If you activate thermal and then switch to the second weapon, you keep thermal AND it zooms. So you get zoomed thermal, which is like spending 400 certs for the same weapon but instead you get the second free.

Very handy when looking for hidden stuff at a distance. Zoom in and spot the heat signature at the same time. :)
  2. MechSniper1324

Yeah I accidentally abused this a few weeks ago. I somehow managed to lock my zoom for thermal and it stayed on the rocket pods which had no optic. At first I thought I had thermals on my hornet missiles, but when I went to check later I felt like a ******* to all those people I killed because of a bug.
  3. lothbrook

This should be part of vehicle weapon sight options anyways, the idea of fog being a limiting factor in vehicle engagements way into the future is ********, and on infantry weapons the zoom is useless anyways, used a VG with a canister that had zoom on it last night, completely stupid to put zoom on one of those things as you just see how wasteful it is shooting at any infantry thats 30m+ away from you, lol.
    • Up x 1
  4. ronjahn

I'm curious how long this has been in game and how many of those pro A2G ESF farmers use this on a regular basis...