[Suggestion] Escalation-Update is nice as F**K, but.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FOC-SpikE, Apr 2, 2020.

1. FOC-SpikE

Hey there dear Devs :)

As i as well like the escaltion update basically, i want to give my Opinion to the "obviously" Overpowered Fleetcarrier "Bastion", and the "Outfit-Wars"..to make it more balanced for Players, Outfits and the Game overall.

Lets begin:

- Ressources:
    At the moment we face a situation, where the fights on Auraxis are not only happen between factions, but between Outfits.
    I get the Idea, but inside the gameplay it just creates unnessessarily that the Outfits dont work together anymore to win an alert, no, the wait until a base get lost to then try to be the one to get it back. It ruins the teamplay between Outfits.
    --- Solution: I think it would be much better, if the ressources count factionwide. Make the Bastion a little bit more expansive, and the build up of ressources less. That way its not possible to pull a Bastion everyday for a bigger Outfit, but every Outfit gets Ressources and has the Option to pull one. And finally all Outfits can work together again properly.

- Maulers:
    As alot ppl alrdy have said..Maulers should not ablte to kill ppl inside the Spawns.
    IMO the Maulers should as well get some Damage nerf..just a little bit..so they are not that OP anymore.

- Bastion:
    For the Bastion itself i would reduce the lifetime to 45 Minutes. That way Leaders need to think more wisely how and when to use them. They should only be an add to the game and not the dominating part, as it is atm. Also it would be nice if they where a bit more harmable.
    --- Solution: Why not add a Construction Base Cannon, which is specially for the Bastion to shot at, nothing else. That way Outfits could place them at strategic places. Of course they shouldnt be too powerful as well.. ;) just enough to scare the bastion away and damage it over time.

- Orbital Strikes in the Armoury:
    That is the most annoying part of the update in my opinion. Where u go and where u look there comes an OS out of nowwhere? Pls change that!It ruins the gameplay experience.
    OS are a nice thing if the are build inside of a construction base(CB), because they can be used only in an stationary area and also can be seen by the enemy, so they can react in it. But now its even useless to build them in ur CB, cuz the enemy just need to nuke it with the OS of the armoury and its over.
    --- Solution: I dont say you guys should remove it completely from the Armoury. But leave the "old" OS the the CBs and call the new one "Bastion Strike" or something like that, and it only can harm Citadel-Shields and the Bastion itself. That way it is a useful but not annoying and OP tool.

Last but not least:

- Outfit Wars:
    At the moment some "Elite" Outfits rule the Outfit-Wars game.
    How they do it doesnt matter. It just shows that it again ruins the teamplay between outfits of a faction.
    --- Solution: Why not make the pick for the Outfit Wars "random". Of course there should be selction-parameters int the background that pick "equal" factions..and after three Outfits got picked they have a delay before the can be picked again.
    But that way ALL Outfits would have the chance to take part in the Outfit-Wars. ;)

Well..thats it from my side of view. Small but big and healthy changes for the escalation :D

It would be great if you, dear Devs, mention them and discus them.
    Thank you and keep going, i think u guys overall do a great job in this "one of a kind"-RPG-Shooter.
    -Spike-Out-
  2. ican'taim

That bug has been fixed with the patch.

IMO maulers shouldn't be nerfed, let's have a non-infantry gun that actually does its job for once.
  3. adamts01

Maulers are really annoying, but I have to remind myself that those people if on the ground as a platoon would be pretty powerful too. I'd actually like the AA guns removed if anything, so ESF wouldn't have such a huge safe space around their carrier.

Outfit wars: The Elite outfits should dominate OW. That's the entire point. I say make the thing entirely based off of kills and not base ownership to hopefully lessen the toxicity.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

I mean, that would succeed in getting the tryhards out of everyone's fur for a bit every once in a while. But in between OW-times they'd just triple down on their farming, which would make the rest of the time even more annoying when dealing with them.
  5. OpolE

Dev's don't read this forum. Otherwise they would delete all most posts promoting PLANETSIDE 1 EMULATOR. Whoops
  6. adamts01

It's PvP. Competition is a good thing for the game. Friendly competition among teammates is fine, as long as that competition doesn't harm the team's effectiveness, which is the problem with the current system. As for fighting these teams of tryhards, it's PvP.
  7. ican'taim

Would they though? PSF gets advertised somtimes on r/planetside and they don't get taken down.