Esamir playtest on the Test Server, 7/16 + 7/17 at 5pm Pacific

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Freeze74, Jul 16, 2013.

1. notyourbuddy

Jaeger's Fist's Capture Point Location

Jaeger's Fist new base design looks pretty cool. But, its undermined in my opinion by the decision to place its lone capture point in the open. It seems to go contrary to all the other base re-designs on Esamir.

Screenshot below from the defenders point of view (Jaeger's lone capture point).

[IMG]

The base's new design protects this point nicely from Southern, Eastern, and Westerly tank spam... but, the North where the majority of the attacks will be coming from (based on how the lattice is set-up) is easy point farming and harkens back to the older base designs where tank spam as opposed to infantry invasion wins the base.

Couple of screenshots from an attacking vehicle's point of view (first image low quality oops. But it really is a prime farming spot of the entire Capture Point):

[IMG]

[IMG]

Marauder/Fury/HEAT/HE spam is going to be all over that capture point. I think even the nearby base has an AV turret pointed directly at Point A as well :) (albeit from farther away).

Any defender attempting to re-flip this point is going to be in for a very bad time. Infantry trying to fight back against these vehicles isn't a viable option either when considering:

1) The vehicles from the North have great cover at their disposal. Any attempt of infantry inside the base trying to fight back will simply result in a 5 second nuisance as the vehicle backs up 5m, repairs behind full cover, and returns for more farm.

2) The spawn room design (see below) pins infantry inside the base like a cage. So spawning as a HA and trying to flank the vehicle on foot is highly improbable.
    [IMG]

Good chance this base design results in vehicles just chilling outside farming defenders. Might want to consider putting a building around that point or move it to a better location within the base.

(in my opinion)
    • Up x 4
  2. Puppy

I like the more defensable bases but they seem to just lock you inside. Unable to get out. I'd like to see walkways near the top of the walls to shoot out from. This way you can actually defend from outside attacks. But none of the bases seem overly defendable right now. They are much better but still not perefect. People will have to think of counters and such. Very happy sundies can not get in the walls. Makes it possible to pull armor from another base and take out enemy spawns ten resecure the inside.
    • Up x 1
  3. xxlotucxx

I love the garages placed at some bases which think are meant to be filled with sunderers and as far as i have seen the changes, i WILL love them. i played so much on indar now, i start dreaming of it. the new layout will make esamir much more interessting. now, a tank-zerg may clean the way towards bases, but it wont help you cap it anymore. :p
    as far as i have seen it, the battle will permantly switch between hard tankbattles and intense infanteri-battles, which will be supporded by the fact that most bases and outpost can spawn MBT's.
    So hurry with gu13! i cant wait for that anymore! :)

for some reason. english will get more wors with every post i make in ps2-forums o_O ... lol
  4. Haruk

Nice! Map is updated. Thank you, that's fantastic!
  5. mlane16

I agree in that I wish you would have these playtests more often. You guys don't do this enough and you should play them at least give us 24-72 hours notice in advance. One minor reason people don't know about these events is because I don't think they have enough time to find out about them. :)
    • Up x 4
  6. Eclipson

Devs, whats the hold up? You didn't even show up for the playtest today! The small groups of NC, VS, and TR who stuck around anyway had to create our own event. We still enjoyed our selfs, but cmon. Don't schedule an event and just not show up, without even giving us a warning. The only dev there was a nice QA guy who helped us set up sunderers, but he clearly wasn't the guy dealing with the event, and was just there gathering bugs for a report. I can understand that you may have been busy, but at least give us some advance warning next time.
  7. Van Dax

yeah it was a little silly...

Had fun with a pistols only fight and new SMG battle at some of the new bases.
    • Up x 1
  8. Messaiga

Lol I missed the playtest today! Now that I know none of the Devs or any people showed up there I think that I did not miss out on much though.
  9. Eclipson

People showed up, but most left, except for a select few who stayed around to have pistol fights, and small base fights, since the devs didn't show up. I'm assuming that they had a meeting about implants or something.
  10. Larington

I definately think there's an issue with some entryways into facilities needing to be signposted better both in the game world and the minimap. You could always see on the minimap in Planetside 1 where the backdoor was even though you were outside the facility for instance.
  11. Takoita

I have to second that post about Jaeger's Fist. While it is no longer the whole in the ground it once was, it is not much better now. Even if there is no direct connection from that base up north, do you think the people will miss such a campable opportunity? There are tank and ESF terminals there + base defense towers within direct line of sight. Combined with the single capture point that is open to all things N and NE, this is gonna be a campfest.

In fact, there is a disturbing tendency for the new bases to be placed in such a way that the surrounding landscape helps the attacking side more than the defenders'. Almost looks like someone in the level design team had forgotten the lessons the launch gave us since November.
  12. iccle

I love the new designs overall, some of the bases could possibly benefit from walkways inside the walls or stairs leading up over the walls particularly in the direction of vehicle pads to ease passengers getting to newly spawned vehicles.

It would be nice if some/most of the new base walls were less flat, maybe some buttresses or other details on them.
  13. Puppy

I think a friendly only jump pad over the wall at vehicle terms could help.