Esamir Is Weird

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Feb 14, 2013.

1. FateJH

My outfit was slogging around Esamir last night and it's the first time I had spent a good deal of time on the continent, ever, ignoring what it was like before the last major update. I have to say that I felt a lot of the smaller bases around Esamir are rather weird. It's all the same kinds of buildings as everywhere else, yes, but they're laid out strangely.

There's a tower-style base somewhere where point [A] is in the tower, point [B| is somewhere up a curving hill road, and [C] is even beyond point [B| up the same road. This is ignoring the rest of the buildings on the other side of the tower. How does one defend a base like that? North of Ellis Amp Station is Glacier Station (I think) on the other side of a long frozen gorge, but it's actually just be a bunch of buildings off the other side of a gorge and a small lonesome shack with loadout Terminal in the center of the gorge. The shack is so remote, you'd almost think it was its own base. Best strange base is Saerro Listening Post, whose point [C] is in a building that isn't even entirely in the base's influence zone. Quite literally, if you stand one step south of the capture point [C] within the same room you are no longer in the base's area of influence; take one step north, and suddenly you're both on the point and in the base's area of influence. I'm sure this is a bug.

Even before the last update, my few encounters with bases on Esamir left me baffled. There was a bridge somewhere near one of the warp gates that had a capture point on it, much like J908 on Indar. My problem was that I could never quite figure out where the rest of the capture points for that base were. There were no buildings below the bridge and I don't think there were any on either side.
  2. bodmans

what exactly is your problem? i see no problem, its just esamir
  3. Phyr

Defense on Esamir relies on how few bases there are to defend.