Esamir haze - tone it down a bit please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Astriania, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Astriania

It's nice to have some atmospheric differences between continents and although haze would probably make more sense on Indar, I don't have a problem with it being on Esamir. But I literally can't see more than about 150m, and I'm getting haze effects indoors, both of which spoil the gameplay. Can you please cut the haze down to about half of what it is now?
    • Up x 7
  2. Goden

Agreed. Tone it down please. It's absurd when it's at its peak. Can barely see when driving or flying.
  3. Nerp

I'm in my prowler trying to shoot at invisible tanks and sunderers that are only 100m away...

For the love of god, tone it down a bit.
  4. FateJH

The "snow fog" is an interesting effect. I don't mind it too much ... outside.
  5. MasonSTL

Same. I remember being south of Nott, looking at a bridge and thinking how creepy the fog was.
  6. Shadowyc

The Esamir Haze should be a somewhat darker grey color. With little shadows swirling in and out to up the creepy.
  7. GhostAvatar

Have you been to the Impact Site on Indar recently? Esamir fog is nothing compared to this.
  8. WyrdHarper

It would be a bit more tolerable if thermal at least functioned properly on Esamir, instead of making it more difficult to see.
    • Up x 1
  9. MaxDamage

Hell no, I love the atmosphere in the haze, you have the option to one-click disable fog shadows, why try to ruin it for everyone else if you don't like it? Exercise your freedom to choose, and your finger, and toggle it off.
  10. daniel696

We call for blizzard storm, weather effects, they give us this.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. Shadowyc

Too unrealistic. You shouldn't be able to see your tank in those conditions!
  12. ST4LK3R

I can finally with high setting (thanks to OMFG) and yeah the fog is creepy but the sandstorms (dusts?) on Indar is even more creepy! couldn't see mozzies flying over Mao south while I was in a skyguard just at the edge of Mao Tech. The same thing when I was at Mao south's tower while looking at Abandoned NS Offices. I don't really mind it. They should even add in heavy rain and stuff!.

turning off fog shadow doesn't disable the fog they are talking about.
  13. MaxDamage

Yes it does. It disables all fog. Period.
  14. ST4LK3R

Then It's not working for me and the description for Fog Shadow in Settings is wrong.
  15. SgtScum

Set graphics to low and revel in clear skies and open plains. This not only gets rid of the annoying fog effects but that eye blinding bloom.

Just make sure to keep everything else at high or ultra.
  16. Cougarbrit

You still get fog on Low. Don't have a pic from when I was tanking on the ground, but I did take a pic of how atrocious the fog/haze looks from the sky.

[IMG]

Jesus that **** is ugly.

Which is why I now believe all gals should fly upside down as default.
    [IMG]

Such a nicer view.
  17. SteelMantis

I have been getting heavy fog once in a while on both Indar and Esamir since the latest patch (don't get me wrong, nice work on the patch).

I have tried changing several graphics settings, including fog shadow, and shutting down the game and reopening it without making it go away. I looked over at my wife's screen, playing in the same area with similar game settings and PC specs, and there was no fog.

I goes away eventually and I wouldn't mind it if it was effecting all players equally. But since some players have decreased visibility and some don't this fog should be looked at.
  18. daniel696

fog shadows actually is just volumetric lights.
  19. Crackulous

Well, with all the open fields of grass, er, ice, it's an impediment for accurate across the map projectiles.
  20. FateJH

What they need to tone down on Esamir is the aurora. Depending on the altitude and time of day, the thing is going crazy all across the sky. It goes from being something atmospheric to something unsightly.