Esamir Base Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by asdfPanda, Mar 9, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

• Up x 1
  2. Meliorist

I do miss the fights on and around that darn bridge. Some of the best battles I've had right there.

Now instead we have the octagon. :confused:
    • Up x 3
  3. Meeka

I hate Esamir as a continent over all.

Probably because I'm Canadian and it reminds me of winter.
    • Up x 7
  4. Dcrd

Esamir needs ice caves, aestetic snowstorms, etc.

Of course you can add lots of mountains and little caves in the snow, etc. ATM it's just snow wasteland, it's ****, bases' design is ****, etc.
    • Up x 3
  5. WyrdHarper

RIP Northern Weigh Station---you're weighing convoys in Valhal now
    T_T
    • Up x 5
  6. Bruiserdog

Esamir is my favorite map, the only real change I did not like, was the amount of walls they put in, I do not mind walls but others I have spoken with and I agree that there is too many walls.
  7. thelonewolf151

[IMG]
    • Up x 16
  8. AdmiralArcher

esamir is a hard map to design for, its not as easy as Amerish where you can just put mountains in the way or indar where you can do the same, you can get almost ANYWHERE on esamir, this makes it hard to make bases not susectipble to tanks.

the only real solution would be to both update the map AND update the bases and tear out ALL towers and replace them with bases that are far harder to camp with tanks, an example would be the NC arsenal, its fairly hard to camp it with tanks and it has decent AA capabilities, another example would be split peak pass and Auraxis firearms, the latter of which is VERY easy to camp with tanks, however it is still defendable due to the multiple paths out of the tank spam fest and most tank drivers would rather sit back and wait due to the danger of LAs with C4 there are several other base designs that would work better, but some bases really do need either walls or they need to be underground, perhaps making an entire tower be completely underground and hae only the very top be above ground, then ypu could make paths down to the underside, there could be a teleporter to go up to a little watchtower to ensure that there is a true way out.

its my belief that Tanks should NEVER EVER EVER have a LoS with a spawn room shield, spamming a shield shouldnt garner XP, careful positioning and actually doing things that real tanks do which is...idk....fight other tanks maybe? kill sundys? thats a good start....to many times have i seen a tank zerg broken up by only a couple of tanks because they are too busy spamming the spawn room

towers IMO have a fatal flaw of their spawn room shields, if you let a zerg get into the tower and take the point you have lost, there is almost no way to retake it and this is partly due to the sheilds not allowing fire out

oh and one more thing that needs to be fixed

KNIFES GOING THROUGH SPAWN ROOM SHIELDS IS ******* STUPID FIX IT
  9. Pikachu

Picture of old Esamir.
    [IMG]

Glacier Station and Saerro Listening Post in the center was the most fun part of Esamir and they decided to ruin that by changing the terrain a lot and replacing Glacier Station with POS Prisongon. The only needed change that I always though of was to make Echo Valley Station more meaningful. A bit less easy to bombard from the bridge. Btw I liked the bridge. I like those big epic bridges in the game. Of course SOE removed it (the removed the big bridge on Amerish too). I think they should have kept the bridge but made it broken so enemies had to pass through Echo Valley Station. Also change the tight passages to Echo Valley Station a bit.

Also the POS change they did to Jaeger's Fist and the surrounding area. Putting two bases right next to each other like that.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  10. EliteEskimo

I'm not a fan of the "WALLS, WALLS EVERYWHERE!" design. I'm also not pleased that they forgot that Esamir was the one vehicle centered confident and then tossed that concept aside. Bases are too close to eachother, smaller ones need to be eliminated, and there need to be more open fields with sparse rocks here and there for cover. Instead of bases completely walled off there should be roads going through the middle of bases or bases with more courtyards.
    • Up x 6
  11. Prudentia

cracks in the ice.
    don't need mountains everywhere. just add glaciers and cracks in the ice. more frozen rivers etc for tank combat and stuff like that and esamir could be actually fun.
    • Up x 3
  12. asdfPanda

The old esamir dealt with the tank spawn room los issue by having a ridge around part of the tower, so that the tanks couldn't get an angle into the tower. Glacier Station and Saerro Listening Post both had that.
    • Up x 3
  13. Elrohur

While changing some of the old bases was probably needed (to avoid the tank spamming onto the spawn) I still wonder why they also changed the landscape.
    It was possible in the old days to have fun both with vehicles and infantry. Now I avoid taking a Vanguard over there. It's way too frustrating to have to leave it outside a base every 200m to help cap the point. We can still wait outside but the tank fights are pretty annoying now a days on this continent, I have maneuvering there.
    I also think the Big Walls stuff was a pretty lazy way to redesign the map. Getting in or out a base can be so frustrating when not playing LA.

So to resume : I wish we could, at least, get back the old landscape.
  14. asdfPanda

Precisely. You know that rocky area to the south of Eisa? That place was great. Plenty of rocky outcroppings for cover, but the flat landscape made it so that there wasn't any backdrop for splash damage to hit infantry. Fun for both tankers and infantry.

Walls weren't the way to go. I think Northpoint station of new Esamir strikes a good balance, but I'm not a fan of walls either.
    • Up x 1
  15. Elrohur

I remember the place you're talking about.
    To me there isn't as much fun fights in Esamir as it used to be and I spent most of my time there. Indar and Esamir had people playing on them back in the days and Amerish almost totally empty ... Now I just feel as if it's only about Indar.
    • Up x 1
  16. Akeita

Actually, it would be nice if there's a real river ( we got water texture in Amerish ), cold water in day time and freeze in night time... I still dreaming about those sea battles and shores in the "restricted area"
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

i would love alot of the new Amerish bases on Esa.

Auraxian Cryobank
    That tower base right beside it.
    Tumas Skylance Battery
    One of the bases that sits way up on a ridge with a ring of Cannons...think its near one of the Amp stations..idk which one it is and its not the Ascent.

Alot of Esa bases are pretty meh....

Alot of the new Amerish bases are cool and properly resemble miltary-ish facilities....more so then they used to.

Esa is still my fav cont to fight on...seem to have alot of good runs on it.
  18. Akeita

Until one day, someone can active the Skylance and shoot down a skywhale, your wish will come true..
  19. asdfPanda

Some of the best fights I've had were on that bridge from Saerro Listening Post to Glacier Station. Bridges were an integral, even a defining part of Planetside 2 gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  20. asdfPanda