[Suggestion] ES-skinned versions of NS and NSX weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HAXTIME, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HAXTIME

There've been a lot of cool common-pool (NS) weapons lately, many with quite unique niches and features. Unfortunately, every NS weapon added slowly diminishes the uniqueness of the different empires in the game.

However, some of these common-pool weapons have obvious faction traits. How about some of these NS and NSX weapons are selected and offered as empire-specific reskinned versions, only available to the specific factions?

A few examples:
    • NS Archer and NS Baron in special yellow and blue skin for NC only
    • NSX Naginata and NS Swarm in special black and red skin for TR only
    • NSX Tanto in special cyan and purple skin for VS only
    These are identical in stats to their original versions and perhaps priced at 799 or 999 DBC each. In addition to the reskin, the tracer colors are also modified to match the faction, instead of pale yellow.

This would give some additional "only we have this, be-be-be" vibe to the game. What do you think?
  2. Campagne

I'm a little iffy about this.

Weapons like the Archer should definitely stay NS, in my opinion. On the other hand, the Commissioner is more NC an any other NC sidearm.

But then no one wants to lose their stuff. Even if it was just made unavailable for future purchase and remade, allowing players to keep all the weapons they already had, there will be a lot of complaints about the equipment distribution.

Everyone's gonna be jumping down NC's throat the moment the Commissioner becomes the rightful NC property it truly ought to be.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lamat

Pretty sure that would break their contractual agreement with Nanite Systems, no faction would risk it.
  4. HAXTIME

I think you misunderstood my post (or didn't read it at all).

The original weapons stay, they just get additional reskinned versions, similar to the Black and Gold variants, or the Mayhem Series. The only difference is that each special reskinned version is only available to a given faction. The others can continue to use the original weapons.

There's the Commissioner, for example. NC gets an additional blue- and/or yellow-themed Commissioner, but all 3 factions still have access to the standard Commissioner.
  5. Campagne

Oh! Yes, I did misunderstand.

In that case yeah that'd be cool.