[Suggestion] ES MANA Turrets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 23, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Come up with ideas for both AV,AA & AI MANA turrets for each empire.
    • Up x 2
  2. Diilicious

well since the Cobalt server decided to kill itself guess i have to forum side

NC AI, portable Canister
    NC AV, mounted Railjack on steroids

nobody cares about tr, give them a minigun for AI and a bigger minigun for av.

VS AI, Mini PPA
    VS AV, Macro Lancer.
  3. Taemien

Portable GK on TR Engineers.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. JKomm

If you want ideas, pretty much just check out my signature. I had this idea over a year ago.
    [EDIT] Or maybe not since the links have stopped working even after being updated...
  5. OldMaster80

They should have been ES since day 1. At least the AI version. Laser turret for vs, shotgun for nc and minigun with spin up for tr :)
  6. Liewec123

ES turrets would be pretty awesome :D
    and they should be pretty much what everyone has already suggested!
    they should add back unique turret shields as well, right now they look different sizes but provide the exact same cover. :confused:
  7. ShootMeThankYou

I'd love to put my engie's main weapon into turret, replacing its cheap and lousy gun that's somewhat good for sniping, but barely usable for defense.
  8. BurntMyWater

Not really ES, but make a turret with no gun attached. Instead you get the shield of the AI MANA turret and you fire your primary weapon through it with reduced recoil and reload time. Sucks to be you if you were carrying a PA shotgun, but I can finally have my Archer turret.
  9. Demigan

NC defensive: Deployable shield wall (why should it be a turret?). Provides cover to hide behind, you can't shoot through it from any direction, friendly players can walk through it, enemy players are stopped. Vehicles hitting it will deal damage and destroy it. Shield has limited health and will regenerate it unless the shield generator is destroyed.
    NC AI: Canister shotgun as Diilicious proposed
    NC AV: camera-guided missile similar to the Phoenix but with larger range (and less maneuverability), can be shot down of course.
    NC AA: Fires several coyote-style missiles at the aircraft.

TR defensive: Deploy an elongated shield-wall that's half a player height. It has 3 or 4 rumble-seats where players can take position. While in these rumble seats the player has an increased ROF&reload and is partially protected. The shield has health and will regenerate until the shield generator is destroyed.
    TR AI: mounted minigun, duh.
    TR AV: Just something like the pounder but with better range.
    TR AA: Walker-style turret (or a minigun aimed at the sky, what did you expect? This is the TR baby!)

VS defensive: ?
    VS AI: highly accurate long-range weapon, something more akin to a battle rifle for long-range?
    VS AV: Mini-Saron?
    VS AA: AA Lancer.
    • Up x 1
  10. Eternaloptimist

Not fussed about ES variants but I'd like an AA mana turret - nothing too OP, maybe a single mount of that twin AA gun that has proximity fused shells (Ranger?)
  11. TrolKabu

VS
    Base : Hovering on the ground, slow movements (as fast as a crouched guy), thinner frontal shield, including face coverage.
    AV/AA : Lancer like, less damaging. Slightly better RoF.
    AI : LPPA like, smaller AoE. Faster velocity.
    Advantages : Easy relocalisation without getting out of cover nor losing firepower. Good suppression fire against Infantry.
    Drawbacks : More vulnerable to flanking and AoE.

TR
    Base : No shield at all, but double weapon slot for dakka. Wider shots angles, lateral and vertical.
    AA/AV : GK like (2 barrels instead of 4 on vehicles), more bulletdrop, smaller mag, maybe a tiny higher RoF.
    AI : Minigun like (x2), similar to the infantry weapon. Smaller mag.
    Advantages : Full dakka on a wider angle. Great suppression fire potential.
    Drawbacks : Full exposition to counter-fire.

NC
    Base : Freaking large shield to provide cover for 2 more team mates (half-torso coverage).
    AA/AV : Halberd like, less damage.
    AI : Canister/Air Hammer like, obviously. Slower reload or smaller mag, can't decide.
    Advantages : Really strong position in choke points. Heavy burst damage.
    Drawbacks : Susceptible to direct counter-fire. Less effective in DPS overtime.
  12. BurntMyWater

That's the Ranger. If we made it infantry-portable it might explain why it's so bad at AA.
    • Up x 3
  13. chuck105

If I'm not mistaken, the AI turrets used to be ES, but then they were changed to all be the TR one. The sniper hole in the front is unnecessary and pointless, since only snipers and battle rifles can utilize it. Close up grenades effectively counter these, and in the open flanking. Because of this they are only really good in close quarters chokepoints.