[Suggestion] ES heavy weapons: why not the piercing bullets?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster, May 7, 2013.

1. OldMaster

I was thinking to the old planetside 1. LMG, Lasher and Jackhammer were the most used and the most feared weapons. For many specific reasons they are not in planetside 2.

I would suggest a new kind of ammol only for the 3 ES heavy weapons: piercing bullets, like in PS1. They blast shields and armor really fast but do less damage to the soldiers and are quite uneffective against max (and vehicles of course).
    This would be an easy solution to make the 3 ES heavy weapons more interesting and desiderable.
  2. DonQuitto

You lose shields so fast allready in PS2 so these bullets wouldnt serve any purpose. Unless i missed something on your post.
  3. Pivke

not really. i dont think it would be a good idea to run to enemy tanks and start shotguning them with my Jackhammer. people would laugh at me :(
  4. Ketobor

I am reasonably certain he is saying they should basically have AV rounds.

This seems reasonable and interesting to me, even (especially) if they aren't very good AV weapons, but technically work as them. 25% worse against infantry, functional at all against tanks, that would be an interesting weapon choice for HA.
  5. KAHR-Alpha

Anti-armor MCG, like a cute handheld vulcan with a 200 bullets magazine. This thing would definitely be OP.
  6. Dvine

Let me get this straight..

You want to give armor piercing rounds to the already super low TTK and put it on the class that has the biggest survivability AND personal shields?

Back to the drawingboard sir!
  7. felfox

I don't think we need av rounds just a few mechanics changes.

Lasher needs a slight RoF increase, that's all.

Jackhammer needs (remember this is an HA only weapon so I think what I'm suggesting is fine) needs to be the fastest RoF shotgun but maybe slightly weaker to represent all three barrels firing one after the other. Then give it a charge up (and let it hold the charge) to 'chamber' all three rounds at once for a very large alpha cone/damage. Could gib a target or two at very short range but this is an HA so flanking isn't easy like an LA or so. (Doesn't have to gib, could just make a HUGE cone attack instead)

The chain gun needs to go back to being under slung, lose its iron sight but become nearly pin point accurate with the right mouse button to start the spin up. The gun should have the highest RoF in the game with under average damage to compensate. However it would have the secondary effect of being able to either shoot through multiple targets or cause a slight rooting effect as the target is getting blasted to heck and back with so many bullets. If the bullets pass through targets it can have the 'less damage after hitting # of targets'