Error loading characters - Player site

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zhakathoom, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Zhakathoom

Hello.

I recently started playing planetside 2, and though I such at it I've found it immensely entertaining so far.

There is a slight problem on the other hand, that annoys me to no end and that is a malfunction of the planetside 2 player site. When I originally created my three characters, one for each faction, and after a while mozied my way over to the official player site to check up and compare my stats I was greeted with an error message upon login:

There was an error loading one of your characters. Please log in to the game with that character to load it's data.

And sure enough; one of my characters didn't show up under my characters list upon login to the player site.
    This was my NC character, and it turned out that no amount of logging or relogging would make my character appear.

I then thought this might be an NC related problem, and thus proceeded to delete my VS character and create another NC with a new name. This character didn't show either, so I then tried to make a VS character again, and then that one didn't show. So now I am left with one character tied to my account.

If I search for the characters they are there, in the database, with updated data, but they're just not tied to my account... Meaning that they do not appear on that dropdown character selection menu in the playersite.

This being the out-of-game portal, and the fact that statistics and logs is a pivotal point in this game, the malfunction of this tool makes me a bit annoyed. So I search the forums, check out the known issues database and decide to create a ticket.

There is a dropdown menu in the ticket creator that is supposed to make your ticket go straight to the correct "department", and I wisely chose "Technical" and the subselection "website". Little did I know that "technical - website" turns out to be SOEian for "account and billing".
    Account and billing apparently are unable to provide assistance on the matter, and after wasting about a week on getting two negative answers from this "technical - website" customer support ticket team I am redirected to this forum, where I'm pretty sure that in no time some player or fanboi not at all connected to SOE through other means than a steady one-way cashflow, will come along and tell me to use some other 3rd party statsgathering and analyzing site.

I am fully aware that there is other sites providing a similar, if not better service, but that still doesn't change the fact that the SOE one doesn't work...

Having googled hard and long I have found merely two other cases like mine, both on these forums; one unanswered and one from march 2013 where the SOE employee points to the beta state of the site and urges the affected player to "check back soon for updates and fixed functionality".

Well, here I am. Over a year later. Checking in, throwing my hard earned cash at you in big fat wads, and finding functionality sadly lacking.. So please SOE: Help me get this ironed out will you?

I can provide screenshots if you want me too, but seeing how they did little to impress your mighty "technical - web" team I thought I might as well hold on to them until you see it fit to require them.

Looking forward to a timely response and solution
    - Z
  2. Zhakathoom

I have now 3 characters that won't load.

"There was an error loading 3 of your characters. Please log in to the game with that character to load it's data." (Doesn't work)

Although now all of a sudden the two characters missing in the first post are working.. (The 3 that won't load has been created since I got more slots due to all access membership.)

- Z