Error G99/Game CTDs at 94% on first loading screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TheWanderingMinstrel, Nov 20, 2015.

1. TheWanderingMinstrel

New (potential) player here, being brought into the game by a group of friends recently. Started with the steam version, but crashed to desktop without error messages at 94% on the loading screen each time. Try verifying files from the game's launcher (not the steam launcher as I was precautioned), reinstall, run as administrator, triple check all my firewall rules... no dice.

Uninstalled steam Version and decided to try installing directly from the Planetside 2 site, same problem. Occasionally though I'll get a g99 error after the 94% CTD. Try adding more exception rules to firewall, forward ports on router and firewall, turn OFF firewall, turn IPv6 back, reboot computer twice, reboot ROUTER twice, reverify files once, reinstall AGAIN... still nothing. Dig around the net more, try clearing launcher cache/etc... nope. Check to see if friends can get on...yup they can, about 10-15 of them on. Check to see if other games are encountering similar issues... nope. League of Legends, FFXIV, etc all work fine. I'm really at the end of my rope here, anyone have any ideas left as to how to get this fixed?

Tl;dr list of what's been tried:
    Reinstallation of Steam Version
    Reinstallation of Website Direct Download Version x2
    Re-verification of files from the game's launcher x4
    Firewall Exception Rules
    Port Forwarding
    Turning OFF the Firewall altogether
    Turning off any and all AVs
    Turning IPv6 back on
    Restarting Router x2
    Restarting Computer x2

...Yeah, I have nothing. Anyone else?

Edit: And because it seems to be a common response here. Yes, I've made sure the servers weren't down for maintenance before trying. Why IS that the go to answer anyway?