erm so how do i take down planes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Number0ne, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Sowahka

... This is regarding ALL aircraft, i dont know what game you're playing but with 2,000 players per map and only about a dozen fighters in the air in any given area they're not all that hard to take down. Stop trying to one-man everything and you'll find that life gets easier. Taking out a tank as infantry also requires teamwork, the only time you'll get a tank kill in a lone wolf vs. tank scenario is when the driver can't shoot or drive. As a tank driver I find that more people have to group up to destroy my tank than it takes for me and one ally to shoot down an airaft.

A single infantry being able to take down a fighter just sounds ridiculous to me, at the first sign of a fighter everyone would just run to a resupply terminal, switch to HA, fire their rocket and get a kill. As it currently stands there will be one or two fighters attacking a contested base with dozens and dozens of enemies swarming inside it, if even three or four went to the AA role the skies would be clear, but at the moment everyone fills the AV or AI role for exp farming, rather than filling all the roles that need to be part of base defense. Stop whining about aircraft if you're trying to take down a squadron as a lone wolf, this game wasn't meant to be played solo, so don't be surprised when you can't do everything all on your own.
  2. overcorpse

Just shows how broken AA is then doesn't it.Why would anyone spend real money on a weapon that has no chance of killing something that it was designed for.
  3. D0n

I do and it works.
  4. Number0ne

Well i think it should be : Tanks > Infantry >Planes>Tanks by default. Unless you specialize in killing one unit and lose a counterpart.
    Are planes losing anything? because when you get anti air you lose everything else
  5. FoolishFoolish

You missed the point entirely no one said its just for certs but if your going to do something you should get rewarded for doing it like everything else is in this game. Instead atm AA Is pointless so if someone wants to spend 1000 Certs to get some AA he can then kiss getting anymore goodbye if he trys to play that AA... sure he helps others slightly but he's gimping himself and thats why no one does it. Its a penalization on those who try and help the team unlike your method of spamming rockets which pays out huge.

Your entire post was people don't use AA cause their stupid and don't care and I explained why they don't there's no incentive to infact its better for those who are trying to unlock items and attachments NOT to waste their time with it.
  6. Root

How is AA broken? I find it quite effective at scaring pilots off, and killing the remaining ones. Air space actually tends to clear up quick if you wave one of them shoulder mounted AV's around.
  7. FoolishFoolish

No one is saying 1 man Infantry should beat 1 ESF way to construct then beat up a straw man there.

+ Thanks for once again going to the argument that people should need 3-4 AA to take down 1 plane yeah the classic pilot hypocrite response.

The problem is that 1 ESF with pods and AA machine gun can do everything fairly well yet the people who specalize into AA which is useless as AI or AV don't do even do AA well.

Tell you what how bout your ESF get nerfed so it takes 3-4 to take out one lighting and then I'll believe the teamwork argument till then its AirSide 2.
  8. JojoTheSlayer

Yeah, I kinda agree.
    The first weapon I got was the Hawk (NC AA lock on), but I didnt get it to get many kills on AA. Its just a good weapon to keep aircrafts mostly away from you.

The problem the pilots have is that they never know how many rockets are targeting them.
    They just get the warnings... so they usually bug out.

Exp wise you get shared exp if you hit it once, but I wouldnt recommend getting it to hunt air. Its more a target of opportunity weapon as well as telling the pilot that "this" guy on the ground can fight back.

Once the army effect kicks in, aka allot more people have the weapon, you will see that it will become harder to fly regardless of armor.
  9. Root

Yeah, I mainly keep it around so I'm less likely to become Reaver food. Thing is though, in time more people will unlock it, Skyguard, and dual burster, and the narrative will change a bit.
  10. Sowahka

I'm saying it as someone that shoots down aircraft and as a pilot. If I'm defending a base with three dozen allies then it's perfectly reasonable for two or three to go AA to keep the skies clean. That's not to take down one aircraft, it's to defend against ALL aircraft. And I have no trouble shooting down fighters when I WAIT TO SHOOT. There are so many moronic AA gunners that start firing on aircraft from across the map and get upset that they get no kills. I wait until the fighter is at a medium range and then open fire, takes them out quickly and cleanly, if an ally does the same then the kill is guaranteed.

I can count the number of times I've died as a lightning to a single soldier since beta on my hand, it takes a group to take out proper tank drivers as well, you just run into a LOT of bad ones because theyre so easy to drive.