Equipment Check was a huge risk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Apr 1, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I have not seen a change of this magnitude since the 2017 Critical Mass update that took infantry weapons to a different road and since that time snipers lead the battlefield. The game became centered around the one hit kill and headshots, where the heavy assault and medics that once lead the charge had faded into the masses to infamy.

This was a huge risk by Wrel and his team to shake things up, honestly long overdue, some weapons seem to meta, some weapons didn't change to much or had gottend weaker. Whether it goes from bad, to good or plain ugly, it is good to see a welcome change and something being given to infantry I didn't think I would ever see.

I am confident Wrel and his team will achieve balance and eradicate as many bugs as they can.

PS: We miss Doku, that Legion armor alone worth every penny, money well spent!

Thank You Wrel and to your team.
  2. BlackFox

Now that's a huge pile of optimism we have here
    • Up x 3
  3. krozerg

Go fight some enemies with shotguns, im sure you will love the new balance that drove away players almost 10 years ago
  4. vonRichtschuetz

Most tryhards play HA. Most coordinated outfits play the HA + Medic meta.

Are those the same people that advocate Infil nerfs?
  5. TripSin

You just gotta let people like him live in their make-believe reality because they're not going anywhere from it.
  6. Scurge

Wrel has ideals that often don't fit the Planetside players expectations.

He shut down, forgot the name..TI or something, a part of a map due to "traffic" when people told him not to they would just fight somewhere else which was true they simply moved to crown.

He eliminated seeing cloakers which was the core function of nightscopes and blocked being able to see them cloaked with infravision which is a major part of ragequits and cloaker population being way out of control.

Cloakes have too much power for an invisible class.

Battle eye does not nor has not seemed to work for some time. Cheaters are commonly found and the report function does not work correctly. Why is this not adreddessed?

He literally in a youtube video wanted to ad parts of Mario Go into planetside for races. Turbo pads and ramps. I want to play an MMO shooter, not PS-GO.

Boats. No way to logically make them work yet but dumping time and resources into that where other elements of the game need the attention.

He gets confused about single-player or team-player mechanics. He allows aircraft to be almost impossible to kill but allows a single person in a class like the light assault or aircraft to kill any ground unit effortlessly.

The list goes on.
  7. MonnyMoony

Slug ammo shotguns are insane now.