[Suggestion] Epic Implants (Directive Rewards, Rare Drops, Events)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Aug 26, 2015.

1. PasitheeVS

I got an awesome Idea. Why are there no Epic, unique Implants?
    Maybe as additional Directive Reward.

They should be unique, maybe class related, but not gamebreaking.
    Also you shouldnt be able to craft anything with them...

Like a 20% More XP for 1 Energy/Minute.
    10% more reload speed for 1,5 Energy/Minute.
    50% more jumping power for 1 Energy/Minute
    5% more Vehicle Speed (because the speed of a Vehicle depends on the Implant the driver has in his body...)
    etc.
    Chances to a super rare epic drop like this could be 1:1000.
    Optionally for getting XP or using the Nano-Cycler.

Also Directive Rewards like

Deep Cloak always activated when not running or jumping. (For Infiltraitor directive)
    25% more reload speed of the Overshield (HA Directive)
    50% more repairing Speed (Engineer Dir.)
    50% more max. Jetpack fuel (LA Directive)
    20% more reviving/healing Speed (Medic Directive)
    Unlimited Magburner (Magrider Directive... please, please, please)
    1 Extra Shotgun pellet (Shotgun Dir.)
    Double Squad Support Bonus XP Multiplier (Leadership)

These Auraxium Implants could have Images (e.g. on the deathscreen) painted in the Faction color with a cool animation and lighting.

For Events like Halloween or Winter etc. there could also be some special Implants.

Like an Implant changing your Character's Skin color to green (for Halloween)
    • Up x 1
  2. BlackSand

3. Eternaloptimist

Yeah, why not? Iridar recently put an idea to the devs that got accepted but I forget how he posted the suggestion. If you can find out, great, if not why not shoot them an email? I think directive rewards were originally going to be expanded e.g. ability to buy stuff with your directive points. Also implants seem to be underused atm except maybe regen and hoold breath. They might just see somethingthey like in your ideas, which would work for free to play and subscribers
  4. Nogrim313

how about they address the fact that most implants burn through all of your energy before they are even useful. the way these were implemented was stupid.

energy its self needs to just be done away with and the implants be more of an always on benefit that once you get one you have it for good. its hard enough for an average user to even get tier 4 in the first place.

if they were implemented in this way it would have been a real content expansion instead most people imho just ignore them and never bother to even equip or charge them (i know there are some of you out there who do but my bet is you are a subscriber and are using boosts if you can manage to even keep them equipped.
  5. zaspacer

I like the idea of the different effects, but I don't like the idea of them as completely ultra random drops.

Many players like myself prefer playing a game where we know we can reliably acquire the Loadouts we want if we put the X hours of grinding in or pay for it if it's a purchasable item. Super Powers handed out randomly just makes for a game I don't want to play.

One of the problems with the Current Implant system is that Players have no way to craft a Specific Implant. Not even for a massive cost. It's just all RNG.