Entire platoon rage quit from Phoenix spam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Mar 28, 2013.

1. LordMondando

Because most people solo and the Phoenix is the best solo launcher.

Striker en mass, is all the problems of the annihilation lock on whine back to stay again.

I personally don't have much of an issue with it, its certainly not a weak weapon system though. The issue is that like the lancer, it only really comes into its own when your have a fairly organised squad or more with several users of it and people effectively calling targets.
  2. HadesR

3. Chocki

I'm not saying the Phoenix is OP... But the Phoenix is OP.

Want to know the secerts to defending against the Phoenix?

1) Place a beacon where the Phoenix is coming from. Park the sundy at 300+ meters. Laugh as missles disapper right in front of it.

2) Have 2 people guard the sundy, shooting down the missles. 1 shot spins the missle out of control.

3) Park the sundy behind an actual ridge, not just a hill. The Phoenix turns like a bathtub filled with lead, in molasses.
    I know.. The idea of defending your spawn point is foreign, but it works.
    • Up x 1
  4. Messaiga

Actually......... there is another way to avoid it. If you are a good shot in the prowler/magrider or whatever it is you drive/pilot just stay out of the 300 meter range, or if they fix the rendering issues for it 100% then you could make sure you have a gunner on top to shoot the rocket down, 1 shot on the rocket sends it flying out of control so keep that in mind. I imagine the G30 Walker would work best for that because of it's fast ROF, not much it can do about a rocket heading straight for the back of your tank though. Try any of these and you may be able to not get instagibbed by a group of 4 guys with the Phoenix. I actually think that 4 shots to the side or top of a prowler kills it, same for magrider, not completely sure though. Also if you play on Waterson remember, if you are in a tank, I will be behind you with a flying blue present.
  5. Keiichi25

Actually, no... A Phoenix, a full charged Lancer or even a Striker should not kill infantry.

I play NC, as well as VS and TR. When they announced the Revamped ES launchers, I was flat out of the opinion the Phoenix should NEVER be a OHK with the round. I am still a firm believer of it still because of the simple fact that balance wise, it would not be practical of fair for the VS or the TR. The VS should never be able to insta-kill with the Lancer either because that basically gives the VS a sniping weapon for the Heavy which is not balanced.

The phoenix, while it should do damage to infantry, I never want it to be a OHK. The ES weapons were meant to be Anti-Vehicle weapons and should be focused on that venue first. Also, don't forget, the TR striker is basically now a spammy Annihilator with weaker missiles, but can't be fired without a lockon. Which means they can't fire it as a dumbfire weapon.

As for someone who said missiles should be resourced... You do realize, arguing that case, this also should go for every damn tank, Sunderer using bulldog/fury, ESF Ground spamming Rocket Poders, Liberators using Dalton and zephyrs and also every damn Under Barrel Grenade Launcher spam user as well. If you are going to argue about HAs using the missile resources, the Engineers should be penalized for the AV turrets and the UBGL spamming they make use of, every single tank user, ever gunner spamming vehicle based weapons with heavy explosives whenever they reload their ammo bins. Because the heavy HE and HEAT based weapons are JUST AS BAD as the missile launcher based weapons and do not get penalized any more or less than those weapons either.

At the moment, the Phoenix is slightly tuned right. The turning ability is not 'godly' which means you can't fire it without some sort of penalty which is necessary and so long as it is tuned so that it doesn't OHK full health infantry, it should be in line with the rest of the ES Launchers.
  6. ovakin

I don't know your post was before or after the infantry OHK nerf. But as of right now, every thing in the game being used by a dozen or two people at the same time would insta-gib every thing.
    Spending half an hour keep running at the rain of rocket, then quit? I just don't have any word.
    Maybe I should just stop reading thread with [PSA] tag.
  7. Rift23

You could have all jumped on flashes, driven to where they were hiding and melted their faces with your larger numbers. A well-driven flash could outmaneuver a phoenix.
  8. omega4

It's the SOE MO to making money in PS2.

Introduce a new weapon that's overpowered. Sell lots of units. Make lots of money. When sales of the weapon trickle down to nothing, nerf the weapon to balance it in PS2. Ignore all the complaints of players who spent their hard-earned money buying an overpowered weapon from you.

Repeat the process and make more money.

THIS is why free to play games are here to stay.

9. Deathcapt

1 Engineer can out repair 2 pheonix launchers, so stack up engies on the sunderer, and keep repairing it for points while the other 1/2 goes out and shoots the people with the pheonixs.
  10. PS2Freak

biased tr talk.

Striker spam is also demoralizing, do i make a thread about ?

do i go on with "balancing" faction weapon on "suggestion" of enemy. ?

i am sure one faction want the other faction nothing good.

Tr is clearly overreakting, and want everything, highest rof, highest damage,best esf, best tank..... and if they dont win, they go to forum, to whine a river about perceived weakness of tr.

i am really tired to hear about oooh so weak tr, where on my server tr is faction with most players. and most overorganized and even the faction, which have spys in Nc outfits on top of it [miler server]....

and then tr come to forum and talking about rage quit..

i should rage quit , not you tr.

Be Fair, tr and cook your own soup. What you do now is to spit in soup of others.

nix launcher is already my second "annihilator" and gather dust. and you still dont happy ? *uck me.
  11. Colt556

Hence the "should". There's a lot of things that should happen, but PS2 is bad at game design, so instead we get all the problems we have today.

Technically I don't want to nerf C4. I don't want to change C4 at all. I want to buff MBTs. I've said in countless threads that nerfing isn't the answer, buffing is. Instead of nerfing something, buff the other things so that it's balanced. So no, no hypocrisy here bro. I don't want C4 nerfed, I want MBTs buffed.

P.S. Removing a blatantly broken "feature" which may as well be a bug is not nerfing. Detonating C4 after you died, thus still getting the kill, you can't even begin to justify that.
  12. Zaik

why does this thread even still exist? Phoenix hasn't been able to one shot infantry for years in internet time.
  13. Draxo

This is what happens when you have a 'can do everything' class in the heavy assault. Everyone rolls them because they have no downsides. I guess you could say mobility, but they can drive vehicles just the same as the engineer (they couldn't in PS1) and their ground foot mobility is the same as everyone else's bar the LA.

REXO had restrictions for a very good reason in PS1. In PS2 they have none, so everyone is free to spam a free unit with anti infantry and anti vehicle with the best armor and an I-win/survive shield.

Combine this with ever increasing numbers of ridiculous rocket launchers with no restrictions and you have the current compound problems. Infantry are now suffering the same problems vehicle users have been since the release of the annihilator. You're getting shot from someplace you can't see (whether render range or they're deep in cover) and can't do anything about. And even if you do kill them they respawn and are back at it again in 10 seconds.
  14. Colt556

I am in a party that is far harsher than most common gamers would tolerate. I've played, and loved, games where you can die to one shot from any weapon from 500 meters away, then take a good 30 seconds to respawn and another 20 minutes running back to the fight. I am more than ok with having punishing gameplay. So I believe the ESRL should OHK infantry, they're rockets capable of killing tanks. Why should some HA be able to take a rocket to the face? But I'm also not gonna cry if they don't do it, either. I can live with either outcome.

As for the resources, the difference is accessibility. Rocket launchers are free, you spawn with them in 10 seconds after dying, you can spawn almost anywhere on the map, and any engineer can just throw down an ammo crate. Meanwhile, compare that to tanks. MBTs can only be spawned at selection locations. They cost resources and have a CD timer. And the only way to get ammo out in the field is if another player spends over half their resource pool getting a sunderer.

When you realize how accessible rocket launchers are, and then realize they have almost the same firepower as an MBT cannon, you realize that they damn well should have limitations. Grenade launchers aren't anywhere near that big of a deal. However I would like the ace tool to have a resource cost as well when placing down turrets. Hell, I'd remove the other limitations like only being able to place one turret at a time, or only the engi being able to man them. Let an engineer dump all his resources to spawn down a couple AV turrets for his squad. That is the entire point of that class.

Just because things go boom doesn't mean they should all be treated equally.
  15. SgtBreastroker

Too bad most players in the game don't know.
  16. SgtBreastroker

That will then be a mobile AV Mana turret.
  17. ROCKFIISH

I would hate to be in a tank Vs an organized lancer squad, things could be devastating.
  18. Nerdplow

Try being in a lib against striker spam. At first you think flak is hitting you so you start looking to get out of there, then you check your hp and realize how ****** you are. You can only flare so much.
  19. ROCKFIISH

Yah I dislike the striker as much as anyone, well lockon weapons in general. Should've given us all wire guided options like AT4 in BC2. But this discussion has been beaten to death in every game with lockons.
  20. FA18

Anything is OP in groups.