Entire platoon rage quit from Phoenix spam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Eugenitor

And what's the range of an AA max, again?

Better yet, why didn't you just leave a small force there to make them think they're still holding you off while you go take the rest of the map? Then you could have pulled Sundies from anywhere, and drove a Striker squad right behind them.
  2. Advanced Darkness

LOL ! i expect nothing less from the caliber of gamer these days. What happened was that whole platoon was a bunch of nerd raging rage quitters to begin with and prob all in the same outfit. Like minded people group up. They prob all stood around looking for where the missles were coming from instead of coming up with a different plan. Say something complicated like warp gating , getting gals and liberators and messing over the "gotta sit still" phoenix launcher guys ..oh man this game is so hard.
  3. Pat Cleburne

Quite frankly, you don't know what in the hell you are talking about. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
  4. akajefe

Last night I was actually able to see the Phoenix missiles for the first time. I think I was able to shoot them down pretty easily with my Skyguard. I say I think I shot them down because they simply diapered when fired at. No explosion. No hit indication. Just gone.

If I got a little EXP for shooting down Phoenix missiles, I could do it all day.
    • Up x 1
  5. ExarRazor

mbt main guns

nc thunderer
    nc triple shot jackhammer
    boomers
    orbital strike
    nc bfr particle cannon
    nc bfr shotguns

there's more, I just cant recall them right at this moment
  6. jm20

My apologies if you can't enjoy playing the game without a population advantage. If you are going to abandon every fight against my outfit thanks for that territory in advance :rolleyes:
  7. Eugenitor

You're confusing the Phoenix with its users.
  8. jm20

And you with users and targets, this thread is the best example of that.
  9. Stargazer86

So...mostly stuff on vehicles. It's almost as if, back in PS1, fighting against a tank while on foot was a bad idea.

The only infantry weapon that could one-shot were, yes, boomers (C4 that had a friggin' spawn time), and the triple-shot Jackhammer. Rockets couldn't one-shot infantry. Heck, individually, they didn't even do that much damage to tanks. An individual person could not kill a tank, even if they used ALL their rocket ammo. They could annoy it, pester it, or even wound it to the point where it needed to run away and repair, but it took a lot more than 2 rockets to the *** to defeat one.

AMS's were hard to find because of cloaking and took a fair amount of damage as well. 2 C4 wouldn't kill it. Lone infantry couldn't kill it. Someone either had to drop an orbital strike on it, kill it with a tank, or group up to take one down. Or, if it wasn't well defended, you could HACK it and steal it.

You couldn't get one shot by rockets. The triple-shot Jackhammer was essentially the only OHK weapon. TTK was much slower.

So, yeah. They farked up PS2 by making the TTK quicker, so now every weapon is difficult to balance.
    • Up x 1
  10. DashRendar

Welcome to NC/VS during the Prowler era. Pheonix is getting a nerf because of your incessant whining, but Prowler KPM is many leagues higher than Pheonix can or ever will be, and it took them months to nerf the Prowler and days to nerf the Pheonix. Good job TR, just whine until you are back on top again. God forbid anyone else enjoy the game.
  11. UberBonisseur

This won't solve anything, and I'm not sure whether I should explain why.
  12. Colt556

Well, I always have to reiterate that I am a mere secondary and have all my PS1 knowledge from reading wikis, watching videos, and listening to vets. So I'm bound to get some things wrong. That said, Stargazer is right, every single one of those is a vehicle weapon save boomers. I can't count the jackhammer because that can't one-shot, it triple-shots. And vehicles SHOULD be the bane of infantry. If you're a soldier running around and you see really any vehicle, you should run for the hills. PS1 handled infantry-vehicle balance very very well from what I can tell. Vehicles, all of them, were usually very difficult opponents but you could still fight them if you had the load-out to do so.
  13. Herby20

I would like to apologize for that. We lost some battles earlier that we probably shouldn't have, and that particular battle was just the frustration reaching it's peak. We are a chatty bunch, but a vast majority of the time it is joking around with each other and not ranting like some of us were last night.
  14. RobotNinja

And TR on Connery had double the pop of both NC and VS on Connery last night. So...who's downplaying population imbalance now?
  15. Pat Cleburne

I don't play on Connery, so I'm not downplaying anything. I'm speaking Mattherson here. Hello?
  16. THUGGERNAUT

just based on OP's post, if an entire so-called "platoon" couldn't come up with a solution, then maybe it's a good thing the crybabies logged out en masse.
  17. RobotNinja

The point is you're talking about a single server, Mattherson at a specific time, a rare time when the Math server isn't massively dominated by the TR like it usually is, and claiming it's some systemic problem with the game and that the poor downtrodden Terran Republic who make up a majority of overall game population (all servers included) is somehow helpless against their enemies.
  18. Pat Cleburne

Coming from the guy whos faction has the majority pop every day that's pretty funny. By the way, who cares about territory in this game anymore?
  19. ThundaHawkPS

ur platoon sucks
    • Up x 1
  20. Pat Cleburne

What the **** are you talking about? Mattherson NC have had the majority population almost every hour of every day since the merge.