Entire platoon rage quit from Phoenix spam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Woodrat

But they won't...at least not for what, three months? Six? Never? The chances that we'll get more cover on the continents may or may not occur as well, chances are probably not. Indar will remain a desert without any real hope for cover. Esmir will remain the frozen barren and empty wasteland it is. Amerish probably will never get more than the sparse tree cover it has. That does not mean we should live with camera guided instant win infinite rockets that are balanced for a map we don't actually have.

I considered charging and dancing around the NC position with a fast HE Lightning Tank to disrupt the rockets. But figured it would not work ‘cause I'd get smashed afore I even started across the open plain. We couldn't counter it with infantry due to the same flat open area to the buildings that resulted in us getting mowed down with some small arms and a multitude of phoenix rockets. Couldn't hit it from the air ‘cause they had adequate AA max defense and plenty of air support. Our snipers couldn't hit the head and shoulders of the operators’ cause they'd get nailed by the very rockets they were trying to stop. Shooting down the rockets themselves was a hit or miss affair, mostly miss. Either you never saw the rocket, or the flight track that you saw of the rocket didn't match with where it was. All the while we're getting farmed and slammed repeatedly back.

Hopefully this hotfix softens the major issues we had with it. If it forces the rocket launcher to be used in its primary role as an anti-tank weapon and fixed emplacement counter, then I'll be happy with it.
  2. MurderBunneh

Well NC and VS don't have a magazine fed G/A launcher either so..
  3. Duff_Chimp

Lol ragequit. I have ragequitted over a few things in this game Phoenix has never been one of them. How does a outfit ragequit anyways? Kind a domino effect of rage? OP or not, getting 'beaten' by something in the game isn't reason to quit, it is reason to fight back with something just as OP or countering the threat. This post wouldn't be a very good advert for your outfit, which you neglected to mention. Who wants to join an outfit if full of ragequitters?
  4. PBRStreetgang

For those that didn't know, this is not PS1, it is PS2. It may contain some of the same things but it is a different game. If you want PS1 then go play a different game.
    I am so sick of people complaining about the other factions equipment and then the Dev's Nerfing it. It would help the NC in this process if any of the Dev's played the NC as they may speak up for us, but alas they don't so we only get equipment that is nerfed. It also seems to be an MO of the PS2 Dev's that they release a weapon OP on purpose so that everyone buys it and then they nerf it soon afterwards...Cha-Ching, all the way to the bank, at least until people catch on and leave the game in disgust.
  5. Kuklakot

I really don't understand this. Did your experience with fighting against enemy that massively outnumbers you differ significantly prior to Phoenix? I see people fighting against impossible odds or attacking into tight chokes against well entrenched enemy, not being successful but blame Phoenix. I don't get it.
  6. HowToAim

All I saw was "wah, we now have a counter to the way we play-- nerf or QQuit!"
  7. jm20

The population on Esamir was 5% in favor of NC around 10pm, and after we continuously beat down VS/TR they logged off. Don't try to play victim to superior numbers after the fight has already been won.

Not only were we firing phoenixes at all your vehicles, we had a massive nest of AA setup for your nonstop air spam until you ran out of resources. Esamir's terrain is very much in favor of the Phoenix, you should expect to see them just like lock-on spam on the continent.
  8. HadesR

With the incoming nerf to infantry damage it should make it easier to push troops against Phoenix position ...
    When the missiles render properly and are easier to shoot down .. Maybe people will have to protect sundies ... A bit like how they should vs C4 / mines LA's ..
  9. Colt556

You never said it wouldn't work. You basically said the same thing I did, it would work if implemented properly, but if not implemented properly it wouldn't work. We're on the same page here. We both know the current cloaking is just not up to the task, and that they would have to implement a PS1 style cloak in order to make it work properly.

They wont fix the true problems, that would make too much sense and be too beneficial to the game. We all know it. But still, some people are ignorant enough to think the Phoenix is the problem and not just a symptom of the true problem. Really that's my only purpose in posting here. Is to try and educate people that most "overpowered' stuff in PS2 are only OP because the devs half-*** absolutely every feature they implement. The weapon itself isn't broken, they just didn't implement all the other features required to make it work properly, so they instead just nerf it into the ground.
  10. Slyguy65

You know how hard it is to get a lock on with tanks nuking you as soon as you show your face...unlike the Phoenix

OUR RPG ACTUALLY RENDER

F*CK US RIGHT?

Its like they tried their hardest to make the striker render above all else.

But ya with the damage to vehicles buff the phoenix buff and the fact they can hide and shoot...GG.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gonkish

The Phoenix is an incredible force when used against vehicles. I'm actually one of the few people that's HAPPY that they're changing it to not one-shot infantry, because there's just so many Heavies Phoenix sniping right now that pressing attacks is much harder than it should be.

But yeah, watching a coordinated group of Phoenixes call out targets and just delete Sunderers from existence is a sight to behold. We've taken to calling Vanu Archives "Phoenixlandia" on Mattherson, because nothing can approach it without eating high explosive FREEDOM.
  12. Zaik

read patch notes
  13. Messaiga

That is the point, that is why they are Empire Specific. Besides we're NC, screw lock-ons, they are one of the most boring things to use even though they bring in massive amounts of points sometimes. Only time I think I ever had fun with a lock-on missile launcher in here was like the first Annihilator spam I was in, after that it was very bland.
  14. Messaiga

Lol, dat be funny stuff. High Explosive Freedom = Win. May I also say you will be able to do this better now because they made it more effective for Anti-Vehicle according to the patch notes. This can only mean 4 shotting sunderers from any side and 3 shotting lightnings from any side.
  15. Tanelorn

Yup, it was you guys. And, seriously, you need to keep your comms clear...
  16. Pat Cleburne

First off you are full of it. 5% my ***, NC had a sizeable advantage on every continent last night other than Indar, where it was sort of even. The lowest you had on Esamir all night was 11% advantage against the TR. It was repeatedly checked and discussed within our platoon. I am pretty fed up with how you guys always try to downplay the population imbalance all the time.
    Secondly, I hope you enjoy standing around defending empty bases, because that is what is coming to you. It should be fun spamming phoenix missiles and AA maxes into thin air.
  17. Pat Cleburne

Yes sir, I am aware. This has been an ongoing issue with our outfit. We have serious nights and casual nights and last night was casual, hence why we opened it up to public. But still, I know where you are coming from.
  18. Eugenitor

So, wait, the lesson here is that TR outfits are too stupid to put Liberators more than 300 meters above ground?

I mean, I agree that the Phoenix is bull. But come on. You had choices. If they really were coming from a sundy, a couple of Libs and three good gal drops right on top of them would have put an end to that.
  19. Pat Cleburne

Hey dip****, they had a **** load of AA maxes. Hell, they nearly instagibbed my galaxy with level 4 flak armor.
  20. Pat Cleburne

It wasn't our entire outfit. Last night was a casual night and we opened the platoon up to public players. It was probably 50/50. Secondly, we disbanded the platoon, left Esamir, and then reformed another on Indar where the population wasn't so out of whack. Then we warpgated the VS. Good times.