enough with the heavy asaault shields...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by DeAltos, Sep 9, 2014.

1. DeAltos

I am certain I am not the only one who is tired of dealing with unkillable heavy assault players. That shied has way too many hit points, especially after all the nerfs to other weapons. Its to the point that when I turn a corner and see a heavy assault, I'm already moving my mouse to click the spawn button in the corner of my screen.
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

So, just as quick, go back round that corner if you don't want to deal with it. You don't need to stand there and kill yourself on his gun.
    • Up x 9
  3. Klypto

Dude, it's not that bad. The only thing that is bothersome is the headshot tanking.
    • Up x 6
  4. zombielores

Always wondered, do they take regular head shot damage or is it counted as a body shot, same thing with legs and arms.
  5. LibertyRevolution

Headshots are still headshots vs heavies.
    It is just their overshield makes heavys have 1607 effective HP instead of the 1000 effective HP of the other class.
    Headshots or no they still have 1.6x the effective HP of other classes.

Arms are normal body damage, legs of all infantry classes have a 0.9x multiplier.

You should always try and headshot HA if you can.
    Headshot chews through their HP twice as fast, so you may actual win that 1v1 as another class.
    If the heavy is headshotting you, then you are humped if you are not a heavy also.
    • Up x 3
  6. Rogueghost

Regular headshot damage, unless that heavy is using resist, in which case the normal headshot damage would then be resisted by how much resist shield resists, which I believe to be 45%.
  7. Ownasaurusrex

8. zombielores

Never noticed, all I notice is did I damage his shields or health, would he have survived if he didn't have it, always though NMG just took 100% of the damage no matter where you hit it.
  9. Rogueghost

Its pretty easy to notice as LA when tower stomping, being able to drop a HA's shield in 2 beamer/emperor headshots as opposed to the normal 3 body shots.
    • Up x 1
  10. LibertyRevolution

NMG blocks 100% of incoming damage, if they shoot your face it has to block double the damage, so it will only last half as long.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scorponok

people will not let this go before HA loses their shield, so they might as well just take them off...HA already has rocket launchers wich other classes dont have.
  12. Demigan

The HA is fine as it is. The shield adds 700 health that depletes at a high rate even if you don't hit them.
    Yes, fighting a HA is sometimes frustrating when he seems to eat your entire magazine before killing you, but it's actually not that hard to kill them. I think it's actually like the whole "too much flak" situation. Aircraft fly great distances in full view of everything. The few flak people they encounter after flying across 8 bases are the only thing they remember, and they say "everything is covered with flak" even though they had no resistance in the other 8 places.
    Same with HA's, you only remember the times you were beaten by the shield. You don't remember the 5 other HA's you mowed through despite that thing.
    • Up x 6
  13. Matt879

No, the HA should keep its shields at their current strength (maybe a change to the NMG to make it viable over adrenaline in some situations), but there should be an activation delay. The HA could still peek corners and tank more damage, or hide for a few seconds to activate it, but it wouldn't be an IWINLOLZ shield anymore.
  14. Xasapis

Do you play as heavy? Do you think you're impossible to kill while doing it?
    • Up x 1
  15. Leftconsin

I am terribad at this game. There is a three page thread on this forum dedicated specifically to how awful I personally am at this game.

I don't have trouble killing heavies with an assault rifle. Just aim for headshots. They don't move much. Its super easy and most LMGs kick pretty hard.
  16. OldMaster80

The shield is fine. I regularly kill them with carbines scout rifles, smgs and battle rifles.
    • Up x 2
  17. Bankrotas

There is also a rumour that Resist doesn't resist damage over 400
  18. Leftconsin

And another thing. Due to how lag compensation works there is a pretty good chance that if you jump a heavy from behind you can kill them before their computer even receives the signal of the first bullet. They simply die before the operator even has a chance to pop shield.
    • Up x 1
  19. Iridar51

HA is an OP crutch for bad players, same as AI MAX.
    HE, Lolpods, Liberators... your time is coming.
  20. vsae

Lolpods are nearly useless for AI purpose right now. Stop it dude :)
    • Up x 2