[BUG] Enormous recharge time on jump jets?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Sumguy720, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Sumguy720

I have found that after playing for a while my jump jets will start to take forever to recharge. If I deplete them fully, it can be up to 20 seconds before they start to charge again which is RIDICULOUS.

The funny thing is if I don't deplete them and wait about five seconds, the bar still hasn't gone back up but as soon as I engage them the bar jumps to full and goes down as normal.

If I try to engage them during the 20 second depleted recharge time I just get the "ERRR" sound effect. This has caused me to die on a number of occasions.

It seems like a network thing, because as soon as my computer tells the server that I'm jump jetting the server is like "Oh yeah you're totally full" but if my computer thinks I can't do it yet (if I'm depleted) I have to wait for the server to check in on me and see how I'm doing which takes, like I said, infinity more seconds than it should.

Anyone else experience this?
  2. FrothyMug

I have noticed abnormally long times before the jets start to recharge lately. I'm new to the LA class, but I was always in the understanding that the jets should recharge immediately after disengaging them?
  3. Kogmaw

I think i know what you are experiencing. i believe it is a bug with the JJ. Once they are fully depleted they just sit there (randomly when they arent even fully depleted, too) until you jump.
    This, at least, happens to me. So maybe next time, use them up all the way and if it doent recharge, just jump once and it should start back up

its the remedy for my case at the moment
  4. BlackDragonFun

After the JJ fix, it felt like it took longer to recharge my jump jets.

Having certed it to level 6, I feel the recharge rate is not as advertised. It was working far better in the beta when they ramped up the cert gain, as I remember the recharge rate being much faster than it is now.