[Suggestion] Enhancements to VR Room

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meserion, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Meserion

I've made a similar post in the past, but I've refined my ideas and I've also concocted a method in which it could be marketable as a source of income and business.

The VR Training room is great for practicing your aim downs sights and testing our weapons you might want, but there is so much potential it could have as a teaching tool for players and squads. With a few changes we could enhance the VR training room such that it could be used for coordinating training not just for infantry, but armor or air as well.

One of the great weaknesses in VR is the fact targets never move, meaning learning to lead your shots is something players only ever experience in the middle of a battle, a poor place for learning when there are objectives to hold and capture. It would be a simple matter to have a series of infantry, armor, and air that fly in patterns in the VR room, that would test a player's ability to lead shots and act as a vehicle (pardon the pun) for self-improvement. Another possibility would be to have enemy targets that shoot back, challenging a player to breach and clear rooms, or avoid enemy Anti-Air or Armor. For air, we can have enemy air chase and shoot at players stopping short of burning to avoid player deaths but even then, everything is free in VR so no harm!

All that is above would available in PUBLIC VR rooms, accessible to everyone of your respective faction. Players and Outfits would have the ability to rent out PRIVATE VR rooms for periods of 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month; with the cost (DB cash or Certs) increasing for each level. As a side-note of sorts, Outfits could gain certs based on a weekly basis of 10% of all cert gains which could be used to obtain various items in the shop. These private VR rooms would be separate instances available only to player and their platoon-mates or only those in the outfit. These private VR rooms would have a very modular design to them (think Halo Forge mode) that would enable spawning of enemies and structures for training sessions or private testing and practice. In this way, a group of players could rent out a space for themselves to practice and test in piece, free of any distractions they may experience in public VR rooms.

To bring back the point of this, the VR rooms are very limited in functionality. I believe they have the possibility to not only make DB some money, but also make the game more accessible by providing a practical location to practice one's skills in a safe space.
    • Up x 1
  2. MonnyMoony

It could do with being much larger - it's impossible to practice flying in VR. Hovering aircraft might also be nice - to allow proper testing of lockon launchers.

I also think there should be moving targets - even if they are just dummies or targets on a 'duck shoot' game.
    • Up x 1
  3. LaughingDead

How about infantry variation between flak and nanoweave armor so people can actually judge how well a weapon works before buying it (cough cough shotguns cough)
    • Up x 2
  4. Obzidious

A revamped VR is a request that has been on going for years now, I think even as far back as the beta. The most common two improvements that the player base has been asking for are moving targets and varying levels of geared targets.
    • Up x 2
  5. Icehole1999

The VR room would suck much less if these ideas were to be implemented.
  6. DirArtillerySupport

I would totally use this...I would pay cash money for this. A 20 minute warm up before we hit the main server for 5 hours of carnage would be amazing. Even better it would be something to do besides logging off to go play another game when we're forced to play on a continent we think sucks during prime-time hours.