[Suggestion] Engy AA Turret

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AllRoundGoodGuy, Oct 10, 2017.

1. AllRoundGoodGuy

Here is a very unique (probably suicidal) idea for the engineer. As opposed to a ground based turret, this turret would be, after a brief delay, launched up and 'float' ~50m in the air. It would be a 360 degree manned machine gun turret. The engineer can only get inside the turret while in the delay phase of the launch.

Imagine basically a floating ball (~3m circumference) with guns on it, and that's the turret. A great big giant "Shoot Me Please" AA platform.

Can only be rammed by a liberator/galaxy.

As a final thought, I do realize that the engineer already has a lot of toys, so I'm up for some mechanic to give this to other classes.
  2. Pikachu

3. AllRoundGoodGuy

But what if they made they look pretty?

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. LtBomber1

Hint, there is something similar: The deployable AA turret from construction. It is not that tall, but can not be rammed once constructed and deals a good amount of precise AA fire. Can be used without a silo if manned!
    Just not everywhere.... No deploy zones are quite huge.
  5. Eternaloptimist

I'd be happy enough with a ground-deployable AA mana turret but given the amount of unhappiness I hear on the forum about Burster Maxes I could not face the likely outpouring of grief and lamentation after the appearance of AA batteries all around deployed Sundies and the like (well, I suppose I could try).
  6. LordKrelas

The issue it seems for Bursters, is the whole invulnerability inside spawn rooms.
    If they aren't in one, I haven't seen a Pilot complain - As usually that's a very very dead max.

So if it can't be deployed inside such a room, I doubt they'd grip much unless it had killer range.
    • Up x 1
  7. Baulk

Sounds cool but personally Id prefer mortar.
  8. Lucidius134

Instead of an AI Mana turret it could be more stats like the A30 Walker?

Give it extended deployment angles and elevation and remove the protective turret. Keep the elevation higher so it's less like to be used for AI/AV.
  9. Halkesh

Just change both turret so they can engage any target.
    AI mana turret concept is a turret with a high frontal defense (lose it's shield invulnerability) that is able to engage any target. Vulnerable to flanking but not to headshot.

AV mana turret :
    AV mana turret concept is a high alpha damage turret able to engage any target at range. It's unable to OHK infantry but it's splash can reliably damage them. Vulnerable to headshot but not to flank.
    -Gun elevation buffed to +85° / -85°
    -Gun arc buffed to 360°
    -Direct damage are removed
    -Splash changed to 600@1,5m - 50@5m, splash damage type changed to Rocket launcher
    -RoF improved by 20% to keep similar DPS.

AI mana turret :
    AI mana turret concept is a turret with a high frontal defense that is able to engage any target. Vulnerable to flanking but not to headshot.
    -Gun elevation buffed to +85° / -85°
    -Gun arc nerfed to 90° (from 120)
    -Direct damage type changed to HMG
    -Turret's shield no longer nullify projectiles are is now a part of the turret's hitbox. The turret have 75% frontal armor.
    -Engineer now get a 35% frontal armor when using the turret (allow them to survive a BASR headshot) and don't take damage from explosion if they come from front (same feature as the NC MAX ageis shield).
  10. DemonicTreerat

Might work, though probably be a little more palatable if the engineer manned a remote station at the bottom while seeing through the guns sights. Sounds a little complicated though. Personally I would settle for a simple pintle mount with a single Burster, Walker, or dual Gorgons with limited depression but able to rotate a full 360 degrees and elevate 90 degrees. That way it can track and engage air while having a blind spot against infantry that get below it.

Oh also if "pilots" want to complain, well that is what freaking combined arms aka teamwork is about. If the other side has your counter present in numbers then you get your side to pull the counter to that counter and use it to clean them while you support them. Not whine because you can't attack everything whenever you want with zero planning and get away scot free. Whiny little bunch of princesses in need of a good spanking and some "you are not more important than anyone else, now shut and play nice or leave and never come back" if you ask me.