[Suggestion] Engineers "Upgrade" Base Turrets

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Cookie5000, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Cookie5000

Heres how this idea works, each empire will have their own specific AT and AA turrets that are attached to their bases that differ from the NS turrets.However to access these turrets a engineer must upgrade the NS turrets by right clicking with the repair tool. Upgrading will take 2x as long as repairing depending on your cert ranks. If a turret is destroyed you will have to repair ti and re-upgrade it.
    TR:
    • AT - A grenade launcher-like turret with 2 cannon barrels.
      • Has 7 shells per barrel and a total of 14 shells per load
      • Automatic Fire Mode - However left click fires left gun and right click fires right gun like Max
      • Fire Rate at 150m/s
      • Damage Before 175 meters: 1250
      • Damage After 300 meters: 950
    • AA - A triple "barreled "MG turret with 3 horizontal MGs.
      • Has a total of 210 rounds per load and 70 rounds per MG
      • Automatic Fire Mode - Hold left mouse to fire all at same time
      • Fire Rate at 800m/s
      • Damage Before 50 meters: 200
      • Damage After 200 meters: 50
    NC:
    • AT - A cannon that will fire a timed bomb that will stick to the target and damage those surrounding the hit target as well.
      • Total of 5 bombs per load
      • Single Shot Fire Mode - Similar to bolt action of a sniper rifle
      • Fire Rate at 25m/s
      • Timer: 5 seconds
      • Damage Before 50 meters: 1600
      • Damage After 200 meters: 1300
      • Surrounding Damage Before 10 meters: 900
      • Surrounding Damage After 10 meters: 50
    • AA - A missile launcher with a detection system to explode like a fire work when enemy aircraft are within 10 meters. However if someone manages to get a direct hit
      • Total of 10 missiles per load
      • Semi Automatic Fire Mode - Repeat clicking
      • Fire Rate at 250m/s
      • Explosion Damage Before 10 meters: 750
      • Explosion Damage After 10 meters: 1
      • Damage Before 50 meters: 1000
      • Damage After 200 meters: 500
    VS:
    • AT - Plasma cannon which is similar to the lasher but is no automatic and has lower rate of fire.
      • Has a total of 100 energy per load, drains 10 energy per shot, will overheat with 15 second regen
      • Semi Auto, Charge - Repeat click to fire Hold to charge shot will drain more energy
      • Fire Rate at 50 m/s
      • Damage Before 175 meters: 750
      • Damage After 300 meters: 100
      • Charge Lvl 2 Damage Before 175 meters: 1200 - Hold for 3 seconds, drains 50 energy
      • Charge Lvl 2 Damage After 300 meters: 500
      • Charge Lvl 3 Damage Before 175 meters: 1450 - Hold for 6 seconds, drains 90 energy
      • Charge Lvl 3 Damage After 300 meters: 750
    • AA - A railgun that shoots a laser beam into the sky with a limited range reach and will overheat
      • Has a total of 100 energy per load, drains 2 energy per second of use, 10 second regen when overheated
      • Automatic Fire Mode - Hold to fire lazer
      • Fire Rate at 500m/s
      • Damage Before 50 meters: 100/sec
      • Damage After 200 meters: 50/sec
    What do you guys think?
    • Up x 4
  2. AlterEgo

Oh, the last one sounds nice... >:]
    Although, rail gun for VS? All you had to say was particle accelerator.
    • Up x 2
  3. GritiTheOdd

While I like the idea of upgrading the turrets, what you have listed would probably make any tower unassailable. Towers and bases with guns already favor the defenders and a good coordinated defending platoon can fight off larger platoons assaulting them easily enough as is, this would make them even harder to crack. Granted good coordinated teams can be fairly rare but these kind of upgrades tip the balance to much in the defenders favor, in my opinion anyway.
  4. MaDiv

I think this idea needs a new environment in-game =) You see that the turrets have A) a energy drain and B) an ammo pool so I think this idea is forced to work with the (not yet implemented) ammo pool / energy capacitor of a station like in PS1.
    And also if I'm wrong, the turrets would have to get repaired 3 times longer to be active again so you can blow them up again with 2 C4 or some MBT bullets.
  5. TyranEndlos

These will definitely need to be tweaked and worked in a bit to be balanced correctly but I am for this. There needs to be a lot more faction diversity done. Especially since it seems to be dying slowly.
    • Up x 2
  6. omfgweeee

^This
  7. giltwist

Instead of the repair tool, make it a deployable. That way each engineer can only "upgrade" one turret at a time. Maybe only engineers (and infiltrators who hack?) can use the upgraded turrets? The danger of OPness is turning EVERY turret into one of these and letting anybody use them.
  8. theammostore

I'm down for this, but perhaps the NC AA idea can have a slow-firing high initial damage lowDoT explosion type rocket? So if you get a good hit then it might create a location of damage for other aircraft. Nothing highly damaging, just like...slightly higher than a rifle shot.
  9. DirArtillerySupport

You mean like it was in PS1?
  10. Cookie5000

Yeah I made this thread because of the dying Faction diversity. Empires are loosing the unique traits they use to have. Also I know my idea isn't perfect, there has to be some changes now and there. But the over all concept is still understandable for empire-specific turrets.
  11. Weterman

The guns are already powerful enough. And you didn't say the fire rate. m/s means meters per second, right? So that would be the speed of the bullet.

I like the AA upgrades though. But please explain what you mean by m/s. And don't use rpm to explain the fire rate, that tells nothing about how fast the gun shoots.
  12. Weterman

Bump, the aa turrets are a good idea.
  13. Cookie5000

I dont even know anymore, I havent got back into this post in a while. I actually quit PlanetSide2 because of lack of content since April. And Higby is gone, the last "significant" person on the dev team. The game has a dark future ahead of it.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Sounds brilliant.

Make the vs AA a laser beam that is constant when fired and I'm for it.